Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

'42 Izhevsk ex-Sniper. Perhaps my restoration project?

Article about: I've been looking for an ex-sniper to restore. I've wanted either a Tula CH or Cn marked rifle or something other than a '43 or '44 Izhevsk. I found this '42 that looks pretty nice. The scop

?

Default '42 Izhevsk ex-Sniper. Perhaps my restoration project?

I've been looking for an ex-sniper to restore. I've wanted either a Tula CH or Cn marked rifle or something other than a '43 or '44 Izhevsk. I found this '42 that looks pretty nice. The scope number was scrubbed when the scope rail holes were filled and ground off. The bore is a little dark but the barrel is clean and the lands/grooves are shiny sharp. I need to run some rounds through it before I determine if I want to restore it or not. In any case, I'm pleased with it at this point in the game.

The tang is double-stamped and I originally thought it read 1948F - somone pointed out the double stamp and you can slearly see a second 4 below the upper one.

'42 Izhevsk ex-Sniper. Perhaps my restoration project?'42 Izhevsk ex-Sniper. Perhaps my restoration project?'42 Izhevsk ex-Sniper. Perhaps my restoration project?'42 Izhevsk ex-Sniper. Perhaps my restoration project?'42 Izhevsk ex-Sniper. Perhaps my restoration project?'42 Izhevsk ex-Sniper. Perhaps my restoration project?'42 Izhevsk ex-Sniper. Perhaps my restoration project?

?

Default Re: '42 Izhevsk ex-Sniper. Perhaps my restoration project?

And a few more. You can see the stock repair on the right by the rear band.

'42 Izhevsk ex-Sniper. Perhaps my restoration project?'42 Izhevsk ex-Sniper. Perhaps my restoration project?'42 Izhevsk ex-Sniper. Perhaps my restoration project?'42 Izhevsk ex-Sniper. Perhaps my restoration project?'42 Izhevsk ex-Sniper. Perhaps my restoration project?'42 Izhevsk ex-Sniper. Perhaps my restoration project?

Hi Mark, looks like a good project, something I would like to do myself. I have a scope already to do this.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks, Ade! The scope and mount is next on my list of acquisitions. Even if this rifle doesn't show the groupings that I want in order to go ahead with the restoration, I'll still have the scope handy.

Mark