Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Soviet Infantry weapons collection

Article about: Hi Guys, I though that you might be interested to see some of my WW2 Soviet Infantry weapons? It is my ambition to try and obtain one of each weapon This is a long term project As I live in

Default Re: Soviet Infantry weapons collection

Hi guy,s,
    I have taken a couple of pics of the triangle mark, it has a <1
    mark inside it. hope this can be found, also a mark on the left side
    is a circle with a russian mark, hope you can see it sorry the pic of that is a little blury. this has turned out to be a good little thread.
    dave.

Guy thanks for the ribbon it came this morning.

Hi,
    This might be of interest, I have my 1917 mosin and also a carbine
    1942, Then there is two early 3dr Patt AK47,s one of which i have taken a pic. They are 1953 issue, but all weapons have come from the same Izhevsk factory, Pre 1928 and Post 1928.
    Dave.

Adrian;

Beautiful pictures of your children!

Boridin

?

Mosin nagant
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet Infantry weapons collection  

hello
    Cool Russian collection
    I shall present you PPD submachine gun, which is a rarity.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet Infantry weapons collection  

Thank you.

The PPD is almost unknown here in the UK. I know one person who used to own one and that is all.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi
    Yes, it is really rare subject. Elite parts of boundary troops (NKVD) have been armed. In the model shown by me the chromeplated

Hello Ade,
    I know nothing about PPD's. Can you give me any info?
    Cheers,
    Guy.

It was a predecessor to the PPSh-41. One of several efforts during the post Tsarist years to get a workable subgun for the Red Army. IIRC, it was originally chambered for some obscure cartridge, but later models were chambered for the .30 Mauser round, like the Broomhandles. This cartridge, the .30 Mauser, evolved into the 7.62 x 25 cartridge. While the .30 Mauser, and 7.62 x 25 are almost identical externally, the bullet, and propellant charge for the 7.62 x 25 are heavier, and higher volume respectively.

Generally, the .30 Mauser has an 85 grain bullet, whereas the 7.62 x 25 has a 95 grain bullet for use in the TT-33, and a 110 grain bullet for subgun use. While the 110 grain bullet can be fired from the TT, the propellant charge in subgun ammo is to hot for use in the pistol for very long. It will damage the pistol fairly quickly, and may cause a catastrophic failure.

There seems to be some argument over whether the Red Army issued two separate cartridges during the GPW. I have never seen anything definitive, but there is some evidence of TTs blowing up, and the ammo in the magazine generally was the 110 grain bullet ammo. I do know that the PPs-43 will cycle with the 95 grain bullet ammo, albeit at a slower cyclic rate. The PPSh-41 seems to have more problems with the lighter load. Not only is the cyclic rate reduced, but there are failures to feed, extract, eject, and dramatically increased jamming.

When I load my own ammo, I have two different recipes, depending on who the ammo is intended to feed.

Boridin

Thank you RedHorseman,
    Your information will help me research this weapon which I previously had no knowledge of. Do you happen to have any drawings or photocopies of manuals relating to this weapon? As Ade said, These are rare in our part of the world.
    Thanks again,
    navyman.

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast