Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

MP44 Sturmgewehr

Article about: by Carfin LEWYS Hi Adrian, Very nice MP 44 , congratulation. Some pics of my déact. MP 43, (8204g /44) , Fab: Haenel (fxo). Best regards. Carfin. Attachment 159564 Attachment 159566 Attachme

Default re: MP44 Sturmgewehr

Quote by YoZh View Post
    my congratulation!

sorry, bnz manufacture, is it a Steyr-Daimler-Puch AG?
    You are correct

Hi Raymond, I have sent you a PM.

Hi Ben, that sounds OK to me. Look forwards to it.

Cheers, Ade.

A few boxes of inert 7.92mm Kurz rounds. Cases are laquered steel.

These have had the powder removed and the primers made inert.

All are head stamped "5 45 St fva" (Draht und Metallwarenfabrik GmbH, Salzwedel, Sachsen)

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MP44 Sturmgewehr  

?

What a superb firearm, I'd give my eye teeth to hold it!. I left England for New Zealand 17 years ago. Here the gun laws are a little more sensible so it's possible to own semi and select fire weapons of virtually all callibers although the security requirements are very strict.

speiss 2002
    ?

Smile re: MP44 Sturmgewehr

They are strict requirements,but well worth the effort.My MP44 is also a bnz ,ex DDR.It is a semi auto only which enables me to use it at the range as well as reenactments.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MP44 Sturmgewehr   MP44 Sturmgewehr  

MP44 Sturmgewehr   MP44 Sturmgewehr  

Hi, and welcome to the forum! I never tire of looking at MP44's.

Cheers, Ade.

?

*slobbers uncontrollably* - Guys, does dribbling out of both sides of my mouth with jealously ensure that I'm at least level headed ??

For the record - how accurate is she at 50 or 100 yards? and do yo0u reload your own?

speiss 2002
    ?

Thanks for the welcome.I also enjoy viewing others MP's.I'm not exclusively an MP44 shooter,but it is the one rifle I own that turns the most heads.
    I would never shoot either wartime or DDR steel cases as either they are too rare or too corrosive.I don't reload my cases,but have armourer friends make up test loads and now I'm pretty happy with both 120 and 180 grain pills fired from resized Lapua and Norma .270 brass. Accuracy is far better than my 7.62x 39 mm Czech Vz58 with excellent results out to 300 metres.The same armourers make up blank rounds for reenactments with the current batch finally 100 per cent reliable.I did ,however,require a neoprene buffer to be fitted after the stock came loose from the socket with the continual pounding of such grunty blanks. They also checked and refurbished all the mags,particularly the East German ones.The front face of the East German mags is made with a more squared off feed channel face than Wartime mags which have a hemisphereical cut.This squared off cut causes some blank rounds to mis feed and so once all
    "1001" mags were recontoured,they fed as required.

speiss 2002
    ?

Adrian,can you post a close up of your MP's reciever serial numbers? The reason I ask is that I have not encountered other bnz 's with the pressed rib there.It may mean your MP is older than mine,which I believe is late '44 manufacture.

I will shoot a pic later today.

Serial number is 9932/44 B.

Cheers, Ade.

Here you go. The small crossed swords mark is the British proof house deact marking.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MP44 Sturmgewehr   MP44 Sturmgewehr  

MP44 Sturmgewehr  

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast