Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Welrod anyone?

Article about: (Dunno if its the right topic) How it pains me to see this wonderful pistol for sale, but not being able to buy it. If anyone else would be interested, you can see it on Rask Antik. It is lo

?

Exclamation Welrod anyone?

(Dunno if its the right topic)
    How it pains me to see this wonderful pistol for sale, but not being able to buy it.
    If anyone else would be interested, you can see it on Rask Antik. It is located quite a bit down the page and it is rather expensive (4500 EUR). Henrik Rask is a danish guy living in Germany, and he's OK. Remember that if you buy something from him, specify that you want a deac cert (Someone I know got a little trouble because Rask had forgotten it, so he had to wait a couple of months).

He also has a German flammenwerfer for 7000 EUR: Rask Antik

I wish I had more money...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Welrod anyone?   Welrod anyone?  

Welrod anyone?   Welrod anyone?  

Welrod anyone?   Welrod anyone?  

welrod
    ?

Default Re: Welrod anyone?

What is the going price of a welrod mkIIA?I have a friend that has inherited 1,but doesn't know how to market or put a value on it!

Will depend a lot on where you are, laws will create differing markets.

?

There was a you tube item on the firing of the Welrod from i believe America, quite a few made their way there some how and i think that some were made to specs but post war

welrod
    ?

I am in America,Michigan to be precise!I actually have read subjects on the welrod.U.S.A duplicated the welrod,but not exactly like the MkIIA.I can't find any value on this particular firearm.

wow. I ve never seen one,except in books.

states vary in their laws on such a suppressed pistol. most GI's that brought stuff back,hardly ever registered them. this holds true with all kinds of small arms, hence why they came out with the 1968 amnesty.......not many of those ole GI's participated. so unless one somehow got registered,or they were in a laid back state, they would not be out there for sale....

maybe in some states it was no big deal and what I am trying to figure out is what would an individual do back then to make it legal? would they have ever issued bring back papers for a silenced pistol?

?

I daresay that the ordinary GI never even got to see one let alone handle one, they were used on SOE and covert operations and designed for one purpose , close quarter assassination either on high profile targets or sentries, but they somehow managed to get over there

Quote by davejb View Post
    I daresay that the ordinary GI never even got to see one let alone handle one, they were used on SOE and covert operations and designed for one purpose , close quarter assassination either on high profile targets or sentries, but they somehow managed to get over there
    yes indeed. It sure makes me think theres only one way they would ever make it over here, given what it is. I wonder if maybe some were delivered to resistance groups in europe by brit opperatives?

It sure is a unique piece of WWII history.thats for sure !!

?

Well some were used by OSS operatives so i imagine thats how some got over the pond , but they were made just down the road from me at Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, approximately 2,800 were made, what i didnt realise was that they were magazine fed, i always thought that they were single round reloaded one at a time, but apparently the magazine was in the hand grip

there was a fairly good article on these in the armourer magazine recently and also a dealer in Scandanavia(I think) had a load of repro parts made and then made up some guns and tried to pass them off as originals

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast