Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

7.62 x 54r Surplus. What the heck did I just buy...?

Article about: Here's the one you want to see.........

Default Re: 7.62 x 54r Surplus. What the heck did I just buy...?

One of the words on the box is 'germukuporka', which I think means that it was intended for occupying Soviet soldiers in East Germany. It is definitely a Russian box.

- Scratch that, it actually means that it's hermetically sealed, apparently. However, judging by the triangle on the box, I still think it might have originally been intended for East Germany.

?

Quote by lithgow View Post
    I was a big fan of the original TV series of 'Nikita' with Peta Wilson-Section looked like such a fun place to work-as to 'Waterworld' it is a fun, large scale ride but could use a little editing for pace and length. As to a remake of 'Red Dawn', North Korea-really? They'd have trouble occupying Coney Island (although they are apparently fond of amusement rides). Having said that the original was a stretch as well-the Nicaraguan XXI Panzer Corps suddenly turns up in the US Mid West...
    Though I thought the Nikita series stank to high heaven, the lead actress was very ....likable.
    I was referring to the US movie remake of the original though.

The new red dawn comes out around thanksgiving here, they had to "airbrush out all the chinese soldiers nad make them north koreans. hollywierd didn't want to upset our new owners..oops, I meant business partners

?

Nice find!! I would love to find a crate like that just to keep the ammo handy!!

Quote by MarkV View Post
    Nice find!! I would love to find a crate like that just to keep the ammo handy!!
    The gun shop owner said he had 9 skids of the stuff...

?

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    The gun shop owner said he had 9 skids of the stuff...
    Man, I wish it was closer to me. I'd jump on a box at that price. That's about $40 cheaper than the lowest internet price I've been seeing. Great score, Joe!

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    One of the words on the box is 'germukuporka', which I think means that it was intended for occupying Soviet soldiers in East Germany. It is definitely a Russian box.

- Scratch that, it actually means that it's hermetically sealed, apparently. However, judging by the triangle on the box, I still think it might have originally been intended for East Germany.
    Thanks, Mo!

Does anyone know if the style of this crate and the zinc boxes at all differs from the WWII vintage stuff?

Quote by MarkV View Post
    Man, I wish it was closer to me. I'd jump on a box at that price. That's about $40 cheaper than the lowest internet price I've been seeing. Great score, Joe!
    Just say the word and I'll hand deliver it to you, sir!

wow, 9 skids lol I thought I had alot, I have 3 340rd tins, 3 440rd tins all sealed, another 440rd tin opened, and lI don't know how many oose(was trying dif countries) boxes. It's always cheaper to buy in bulk, and you never have to stop off and buy any your way to the range. I'm down to 2 91/30s. I do need to get some more 7.62x38r for my nagant 1895 pistols. I'm down to somewhere around 400 rds.

Quote by Stinkpotpete View Post
    wow, 9 skids lol I thought I had alot, I have 3 340rd tins, 3 440rd tins all sealed, another 440rd tin opened, and lI don't know how many oose(was trying dif countries) boxes. It's always cheaper to buy in bulk, and you never have to stop off and buy any your way to the range. I'm down to 2 91/30s. I do need to get some more 7.62x38r for my nagant 1895 pistols. I'm down to somewhere around 400 rds.
    Yeah... this gun shop is a small hole in the wall, but they have the absolute best prices when it comes to ammo.

Quote by Scout View Post
    Though I thought the Nikita series stank to high heaven, the lead actress was very ....likable.
    I was referring to the US movie remake of the original though.
    Anne Perillaud - French version of Nikita
    Bridget Fonda - Point of no return - US remake.........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 7.62 x 54r Surplus. What the heck did I just buy...?   7.62 x 54r Surplus. What the heck did I just buy...?  

Regards,

Steve.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast