MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

7.92 carcano arrrrgh!

Article about: I've had this 7.92 carcano for about 2 years now and its driving me crazy. I'm taking a closer look at it again because I recently obtained a volkssturm armband I could possibly display with

Default 7.92 carcano arrrrgh!

I've had this 7.92 carcano for about 2 years now and its driving me crazy. I'm taking a closer look at it again because I recently obtained a volkssturm armband I could possibly display with it. Opinions vary so much with these rifles that I would really like a collective opinion. First and foremost what model is it? Secondly, is it a last ditch rifle or is it according to some, just something sold to the arabs and modified there? All opinions welcome because I really would like to know what I have. I've taken picture of everywhere ive seen markings and some look filed off.. Thank u guys!

7.92 carcano arrrrgh!7.92 carcano arrrrgh!7.92 carcano arrrrgh!7.92 carcano arrrrgh!7.92 carcano arrrrgh!7.92 carcano arrrrgh!7.92 carcano arrrrgh!7.92 carcano arrrrgh!7.92 carcano arrrrgh!

All I can tell you is that it's a Carcano Model 38 that's been re-chambered to 7.92, according to what I've read likely exported to Egypt after WWII for drill & training purposes...The markings appear to have been purposely obliterated...
    Glenn

Thank you Glenn. There has always been different opinions about these rifles and I have never been able to come up with a definitive answer.

I can remember reading something similar about the rifles ending up in Egypt, i suppose it makes sense as the Egyptians used lots of other stuff chambered in 7.92!...

Carcano M.1938/43 short rifle in 7.92 mm Mauser caliber.
    These rifles were reportedly manufactured at Armaguerra Arms Factory in Cremona in 1944
    for the Italian forces still fighting alongside the Germans.

This is what I got from the link provided earlier. Yet more info I hadn't read before. So I think the first thing would be to try and rule out is that the Egyptians did not convert these themselves..

The answers to these questions are all over the spectrum of guess work depending on where you look.

?

Can yours still be clip loaded,the clips can be modified to accept 5 rounds of 7.92 ammo.....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

I haven't even tried that yet, its been a wall hanger for the 2 years I've had it.

Quote by General von poopypants View Post
    I haven't even tried that yet, its been a wall hanger for the 2 years I've had it.
    Shame... you know you can get three shots off in five seconds with one of these (two lethal and a stray), of course that's chambered in 6.5mm and in the hands of a well trained US Marine, your mileage may vary...

Back to reality ;-) I wouldn't want to be too close to that thing going off, it's probably louder than a M38 Mosin carbine!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast