Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

About to buy my first K98k and I need help!

Article about: I want to combine both collecting and shooting. I've always been intrested in history and I enjoy hunting. So I want to be able to shoot with my k98 and i want it to be a collectible. Once a

?

Default Re: About to buy my first K98k and I need help!

I want to combine both collecting and shooting. I've always been intrested in history and I enjoy hunting. So I want to be able to shoot with my k98 and i want it to be a collectible. Once again im grateful for all the help!

?

I would go for the 700 Euro rifle. Sounds/looks to be a good one.

the first one looks more complete but the second one would have been used with a scope to be used as a marksmans rifle but trust me on this is you bought the second one you would go and buy the scope (which costs a bomb) bere in mind that at 1500 for a rifle without scope means that by the time you've got the scope you will have paid around the 3500 region

tom

The first Mauser looks to be a decent piece. It has a laminated stock and seems to be in pretty decent condition. If you're looking for a nice original standard 98K to keep and use as an occasional shooter too, that one doesn't look bad. And the price is about right too. You should consider picking it up-there's a whole lot Worse out there! William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

For sure. The sights on the K98 is not bad at all. I used to own one. Only down side is that the sight radius(distance between rear and front sight) is not as long as on most other rifles, much like on the AK 47. But don't forget that a lot of good shooting have been done with this rifle.

?

I want to thank all of you for the help! I think I will bid on the 700 euro rifle and see how it goes. I will however keep you updated and perhaps ask some questions in between, hehe.

?

Hello again! I'm back with some news regarding the auction!

Okay, so the auction did not go as well as I hoped. The k98 I wanted became to expensive... I bailed when price got up to 1200 euros. Anyway someone bought it for 1800 euros I think.

But however, I decided to take chance and try a few other k98s on the auction. After some failures I finally got one!

I do not know if it was worth it, feels like it will be impossible to tell until I hold my rifle.

Anyway, here is the information regarding this rifle. I'm sorry about the rather pathetic picture though =/

Description of my rifle in german:

Lot Nr. 1190
    Karabiner 98 k, Code "byf 43",
    Kal. 8 x 57, Nr. 4241kk. Nummerngleich. Blanker Lauf. Fertigung Mauser-Werke AG, Oberndorf. Div. Abnahmen Adler/"135". Nachbrüniert. Schichtholzschaft ohne äußere Nummer mit Abnahme Adler/"WaA135". Komplett mit Putzstock und Kornschutz. Nahezu neue Erhaltung. Länge 110 cm.
    Erwerbsscheinpflichtig.

Condition: I Limit: 400 EURO

Description of my rifle in english:

Lot No. 1190
    Carbine 98 k, code "byf 43",
    Caliber 8 x 57, No. 4241kk. Matching numbers. Bright bore. Production Mauser-Werke AG, Oberndorf. Div. Decreases eagle / "135". Nachbrüniert. Laminated wood stock with no external number with acceptance eagle / "WaA135". Complete with cleaning rod and particle protection. Almost new condition. Length 110 cm.
    Subjected to license.

Condition: I Limit: 400 EURO

So what do you guys think? Possible a bad buy or good buy? I do not know more then I have posted...so I'm kinda nervous. I got it for 850 euros, but it will probably around 1100 euros with all the extra costs. This will probably be the first and last time I buy a rifle without seeing it...

Paul

i think you did good its a 43 dated rifle with a uncomon cleaning rod the woodfurnitures and metal has been redone in its history but its been done professionally at the price you paid i think it was worth it

tom

?

Looks really nice. Congrats mate. Only down side is that the stock has been renewed, but what the hell. You can't win them all on a good price. You will get a really nice rifle with a smooth bolt. The Mauser bolt i still copied to this day in many marksman/sniper rifles, among them the Remington 700! It's a handy rifle too, and i would for sure not like to be in the receiving end of that 7.92mm.

Me with SVD Dragunov 9.3x64mm on the range.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture About to buy my first K98k and I need help!  

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast