Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

AIA No 4

Article about: I did a 200 yd comparison with my factory spec Norico M14 today and surprisingly the M14 has the edge. I shot 20 rounds with each rifle, five rounds at a time with the AIA then five rounds w

?

Default AIA No 4

Thought some of you might like a look at some pics of the AIA No 4 I bought the other day. I bought it just for the magazines ( long story ) with the intention of re selling it, but now that I have seen it I think I will keep it. It's a quality rifle with lot's of improvements over the original. It's still a No4, but a far superior one.

Here's a few pics..........

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture AIA No 4   AIA No 4  

AIA No 4   AIA No 4  

AIA No 4   AIA No 4  

AIA No 4   AIA No 4  

AIA No 4   AIA No 4  

Last edited by Mick; 07-24-2010 at 03:29 AM.

Default Re: AIA No 4

wow,,,nice rifle,,,i would keep it if it were mine,,,great shooter,,,

?

It should be a great shooter, but I have yet to shoot it. It has a chrome lined floating barrel and a considerably beefed up receiver to handle the .308 round etc. I will put a decent scope on it and see what loads it likes. It came with a scope rail. The mags came serial numbered to the gun, they are serialised on the base plate with a fet tip pen I like this as it emphasises the hand fitting aspect. The whole rifle oozes quality, precision engineering and beautifully hand fitted woodwork.

The people who put this together are true craftsmen.

I'd keep it Mick.

At SHOT Show a few years ago I played with the AIA rifles and was eager to order a couple. They had one in 7.62x39 that took AK mags and was very handy.

Let us know how it shoots.

I never knew that such a beast even existed. I agree it looks a quality product. I know I would have kept it too.

Cheers, Ade.

Hello-I have one of these No.4 Mk4s-when I bought it it had the Picatinny scope rail fitted and to my surprise the Mk2 'flip' L sights were fitted at the factory backwards and out of alignment with the front sight-they are very much an afterthought but can be replaced with the Singer adjustable sights for Military shooting.

?

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Hello-I have one of these No.4 Mk4s-when I bought it it had the Picatinny scope rail fitted and to my surprise the Mk2 'flip' L sights were fitted at the factory backwards and out of alignment with the front sight-they are very much an afterthought but can be replaced with the Singer adjustable sights for Military shooting.

Like you say it would seem the flip sights are an afterthought, I think they expect most people to install a scope. The front sight is a definite improvement over the original. How does yours shoot ?
    They say on their website that the ladder sights are compatible.

http://www.australianinternationalarms.com.au/

PS, Do the Aussies use M14 mags with these ? The AIA mags work well in my M14, but I have found the M14 mags need minor fitting to fit the AIA.

I'm a collector not a shooter-my firearm license is only for collecting-magazines over 10 rounds aren't generally legal here anymore-one of the main reasons IAI rifles are made here is the need for a high capacity (relatively) bolt action rifle in a modern calibre as semi autos are banned Australia since the Port Arthur shootings in 1996.

?

That makes sense, it explains why they only come with ten round mags.

?

I have just come in from getting it zeroed in,. The single stage trigger caught me by surprise on the first shot, but it's nice and light yet positive. Here's the first ten shots at 80 yds.

I have always liked silver bullets because that's what the Lone Ranger used.

PS, I don't much like the scope, it's ok but I much prefer one with target knobs. It's a pain in the arse taking the caps off every time I need to raise the elevation or adjust for windage.
    Last edited by Mick; 07-24-2010 at 11:37 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast