Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Another Mystery Holster

Article about: Please help me ID another holster from the "pile". I bought it cheap, and it looked like a Radom Vis holster. It is left handed. The 1911A1 holster is shown for size comparison. So

Default Another Mystery Holster

Please help me ID another holster from the "pile". I bought it cheap, and it looked like a Radom Vis holster. It is left handed. The 1911A1 holster is shown for size comparison.

So, what do I have ? And thanks in advance for your help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another Mystery Holster   Another Mystery Holster  

Another Mystery Holster  

?

Default Re: Another Mystery Holster

Hi..Unfortunately seems like anyother selfmade holster to carry a pistol with. Absolutely not a military issue of any country.

I appreciate the help. But the holster is not homemade. It is very well made.

I'll hold out hope that it can be plucked from the depths of the unknown by someone who sees it on here.

I suppose I should start sticking pistols into it until I find one that fits well. Ha.

Thanks.

?

Well opinions can vary, but case is simple - it does not look well-enough to be a standard issue militaryholster. Too plenty of room round triggerguard and it is lefthanded. Only army which manufactured this kind of "crappy"-lookin holsters was our finnish army during WW II - for FN 1910/22 pistols and they were made in large numbers and so can be found. However this is the only one of this model and shape I have seen in 30 years so - that it would be a standard issue is highly unlikely. Usually thiskind of a holsters were made by shoemakers or army saddlemakers or depot personel for someones personal request. With Radom holster, even WW II german made it has nothing to do, Sorry.

i agree with previous posters,,,probably field/saddler made at one's personal request,,,

I think it probably is a home made holster as well. It's cool and certainly shows some miles but I just haven't seen on of that type in military production. For what it's worth that 1911 holster is nice nice nice.