MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Antique Japanese Shotgun

Article about: Per our Discussion Bill: Here are the pictures of my recently acquired Japanese 12 gauge shotgun. Thanks for your heads-up on the possibilty of it being for military use. I look forward to s

Default Antique Japanese Shotgun

Per our Discussion Bill:

Here are the pictures of my recently acquired Japanese 12 gauge shotgun. Thanks for your heads-up on the possibilty of it being for military use. I look forward to seeing the posts of all whom may know a bit more about it.

Regards,

Joel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Antique Japanese Shotgun   Antique Japanese Shotgun  

Antique Japanese Shotgun   Antique Japanese Shotgun  

Antique Japanese Shotgun   Antique Japanese Shotgun  

Default Re: Antique Japanese Shotgun

In WW2 the Japanese used shotguns for Guard Duty of POWs.. There was even a bayonet adaptor issued with shotguns to use the standard Japanese Type 30 Bayonet... An example can be found in Raymond Labar's excellent book on Japanese bayonets...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Bill,

I assume this is a civilian then. I'll have to get the symbols translated. Thanks again for your help and I'll have to keep my eye's out for the book too.

Regards,

Joel

gar
    ?

some of the japanese gear is really super looking

Gar,
    You are certainly correct. Now, all I wish I had was more. LOL!

Regards,

Joel

Doc-Ace
    ?

Talking Re: Antique Japanese Shotgun

FYI,
    I have a very similar 12 Ga shotgun, at first glance I thought they are identical. Mine also has a 4 digit serial number, it starts with 6. Mine has very similar etchings. Mine also has the sling swivels. I couldn't tell from the pics, does yours have Rifle Sights, and a British type safety ??? Mine does. The one I have has a 35 1/2 inch barrel. The chamber seems to be shorter than 2 3/4 inches.
    --------------
    Gun Control:....
    "When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away."
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Hell, when the man said Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms, I just thought he was making a delivery!"

Hello Buellmeister, here is what your gun says, in case you have not found out yet: The side of shotgun says "Greener Type". The top says "12 gauge" (literally, Number 12). Hope this helps out. Regards, Steve

Steve,

Thank you for your translation! Intersting it's engraved, "greener type." It certainly is one of the more interesting items in my collection. Even though it may solely be Civilian.

Kind Regards,

Joel

Hey Joel, no problem. Let me know if need anything else translated. Very interesting shotgun, good luck with the hunt for more treasures.
    Regards, Steve

FrenchJeton
    ?

I have the opportunity to obtain a similar shotgun. The seller insists I make an offer. What is the approximate value of this shotgun?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast