Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any one want to post pictures of their Vickers machine guns ? Just interested too see how many are out there?

Article about: Lol well I'll be fair and give you 500 you havena proffit then ! LOL wow that is amazing betmyou wish you brought more now ! Do you think yours saw acctive service ?

?

Default Any one want to post pictures of their Vickers machine guns ? Just interested too see how many are out there?

Thank you !

Default re: Any one want to post pictures of their Vickers machine guns ? Just interested too see how many are out there?

I have one but I don't have many pics of it to post. I will post a couple tonight. Late for work now!

Cheers, Ade.

Default re: Any one want to post pictures of their Vickers machine guns ? Just interested too see how many are out there?

Here you go. Taken a few years ago at a display we did. Sorry I don't have any detailed pics.

The gun is 1940 and is Australian made, Lithgow Small Factory being the maker. As you can see the condition in near mint. All parts are original, including the barrel cover and flash hider. Along side it, you can see the spare parts boxes, etc.

Vickers .303 Medium Machine Gun Mark 1. Serial no. 1467. Dated 1940.
    Made by Lithgow, Australia. Maker marked code “MA”.
    Complete with Tripod mount, MG Mk IV , serial no. RT 8837. Dated 1943.
    Both with transit crates, maker marked, "Slazenger".

Vickers accessories: Ammo box No.10, Maker marked “RPL” & dated 1942.
    Canvas / asbestos barrel cover.
    250 round canvas & brass ammo belt, dated 1943.
    Flash hider / blast eliminator. Maker marked “MA”.
    Deflector sight with pouch, dated 1943.
    50 rounds .303 MkVII Ball ammunition, inert.
    Steam pipe adapter, dated 1944.
    Oil can, MG, Mk.I.
    Wooden spare parts box.
    Leather spares pouch with sling.
    Box, tools No.9 Dial sight.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any one want to post pictures of their Vickers machine guns ? Just interested too see how many are out there?   Any one want to post pictures of their Vickers machine guns ? Just interested too see how many are out there?  

Any one want to post pictures of their Vickers machine guns ? Just interested too see how many are out there?  

Default Re: Any one want to post pictures of their Vickers machine guns ? Just interested too see how many are out there?

My Vickers at a display,Pete.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any one want to post pictures of their Vickers machine guns ? Just interested too see how many are out there?  

?

Default Re: Any one want to post pictures of their Vickers machine guns ? Just interested too see how many are out there?

Quote by phoenix View Post
    My Vickers at a display,Pete.
    Looks nice Ade. The cool thing about these is if you ran out of water for cooling the barrel, you could just pee in it! I heard soldiers sometimes had to do this in the field during combat.
    ~Dean

Hi Dean, that is true! I have heard this direct from Vets. My friend and I met a Vet from 6th Airborne who told us a lot of stories of how they deployed the guns, carried the tripods, etc. He taught us how to swing the tripod to set it up.

Hi Pete, I spy a long range dial sight on yours, very nice to have and expensive now. I never did get one of these, they were not cheap when I got my Vickers years ago.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thank you for tacking the time to post these pics ! I really want a vickers how mutch would it cost these days to set up a display like that ? Are the 2 shown old spec ?

Hi Banksy, as these are tripod mounted, the old spec/new spec rules don't have any real bearing on how they are deactivated. Essentially they are Old Spec. They fully cock and strip.

These have got rather expensive in the past few years and now sell for over £1000.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I've seen just the vickers and tripod nothing els sell for 1500 I suppose it will be slowly but surley buying etch part thanks for the deac info that is very intresting ! Why is there a difference ?

Kind regards
    Alex

Hi Alex, years ago anything on a bipod or tripod could remain "old spec" even after the law was tightened post 1995. However, this has changed now and that loophole has been closed..

I bought mine for £350 many years ago now.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast