Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any VIS FB fans in the house?

Article about: I have always thought it a loss that after WWII this weapon was no longer produced. It seems when the Russians took over the plant they apparently converted it to produce the IMHO far inferi

Default Any VIS FB fans in the house?

I have always thought it a loss that after WWII this weapon was no longer produced. It seems when the Russians took over the plant they apparently converted it to produce the IMHO far inferior T33 pistol. These are some of the finest shooting 9mm's you will find.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any VIS FB fans in the house?  

I like thse very much.

The Soviets were keen on standardisation throughout the Warsaw Pact, often to the detriment of weapons design.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

What a fantastic lot...
    I have a relic one.

Cheers
    Nuno

I have a post war 3 lever German occupation refurbished example (for some bizarre reason I can't seem to upload any photos to the site currently) so here it is amongst other pistols in a group shot-the hammer is marked with the '11 in an oval' mark of the Communist run Radom arsenal post 1945, so it would appear it was redone at Radom or with parts supplied by them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any VIS FB fans in the house?  

Quote by lithgow View Post
    I have a post war 3 lever German occupation refurbished example (for some bizarre reason I can't seem to upload any photos to the site currently) so here it is amongst other pistols in a group shot-the hammer is marked with the '11 in an oval' mark of the Communist run Radom arsenal post 1945, so it would appear it was redone at Radom or with parts supplied by them.
    Your pistol is a type II made under german occupation. I can still see the WaA proof on the side of it. What is the serial number of it, the letter prefix being the most important part?

N6081

I agree. I've always thought the VIS Radom's were Superb automatics and equal to none. The Browning HP's are a close cousin and almost as fine, but I'd still always take a 1st model 3 lever VIS any day.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

N6081

Yours is probably around a 1942 production. It was produced just after they stopped the large "p35" stamp on the left side. I don't know what serial number they stopped numbering the extractor but yours may still have it numbered. If it does then there are seven matching numbered parts on the gun. Upper, Lower, Barrel, main spring housing, safety lever, hammer and extractor.

I haven't stripped it as of yet...

I haven't stripped it as of yet...
    Here is a video I put together a couple of years back to show the easiest way to find all the numbers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLQuA687ah8

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast