Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Anyone have a ZB26 buttplate in their stores.

Article about: I am restoring a DOT marked ZB26 - it is a labor of love - for my collection. I had been looking for a marked up wartime ZB26 for a long time, when I finally found this kit. I had a carrier

Default Anyone have a ZB26 buttplate in their stores.

I am restoring a DOT marked ZB26 - it is a labor of love - for my collection.

I had been looking for a marked up wartime ZB26 for a long time, when I finally found this kit.
    I had a carrier and four mags, drop case, and a few other goodies stowed away, so it will be a great display piece.

It is going to be awesome - except it is missing the buttplate!

It is a little narrower than a Mk1 Bren gun buttplate (the cupped one, not the plate used on the Mk2), and has the fold over flap, at top.
    And corrugated shoulder rest.

If anyone has one of these in their stores please PM me or drop me a line at: figgypix(at)yahoo.com

I have tried ALL the usual places: Sarco, Numrich, LMO, Omega, etc.,
    (I even considered buying one of the new airsoft ZB26 guns and ripping into it - $800 though, lol)

I have discovered this was a problem with many of the ZB 26 - ZB30 kits, as the internet is loaded with WTB ads.
    So an enterprising fellow might look into making them...
    I contacted SMG guns, who make the FG42 replica, and build semi ZB kits, they were not willing to sell their buttplates without the firearm attached.

C'est la vie - the search goes on.

Pit.
    Anyone have a ZB26 buttplate in their stores.

Default Re: Anyone have a ZB26 buttplate in their stores.

Hello Pitfighter, Sorry I can't help with the ZB26 buttplate, but that's a stunning collection of guns you have there! The Fg42 is it a replica are not? Either way fantastic. Jonathan.

Yes - it is a replica, as are two of the MP40's (MGC 68) - the MP44 is a real kit on a Shoei reciever.

The G41(m) second from the top is worth more than everything in the picture combined.

The collection now includes examples of the following:
    MG15, MG34, MG42, MP34, ZB26, Luger with capture papers.

This is a real FG42, I was allowed to document in Vancouver BC.
    Attachment 412782

I offered to buy it, the offer was turned down - I am glad to say - as it is a documented war souvenir in the Regimental museum of the highly decorated regiment that liberated it, where it belongs! - I just couldn't help myself and wanted it in my collection, lol.

Pit.

Pit, I would mind knowing the a bit more about the Mg34 and Mg42, manufacturers and dates of production and may be a picture or two. Joanathan

Hi Joanathan,

The '34 is DOT 1945 marked on barrel coupling - receiver top cover has no markings at all.
    The ZB is DOT marked on the receiver, no date.
    The '42 is a Frankenstein of postwar and waffen marked parts - heavily refinished to look WW2 era for film use.
    (Zero actual historical value.)

Attachment 412931
    Pic of MG15 and MG34 dummies.

Someone in Europe have a look for that ZB26 butt-plate - there must be someone who has one in their spare parts box?
    Here is a cool site with some interesting info - http://www.forgottenweapons.com/czech-zb-26-manuals/

Pit.

first of all fantastic collection you have there. you might try Gun Boards Forum and click on the Mauser 98ks or the G41-43 threads as many collectors are there and may be able to help you out with this part you need. Good luck and again fine collection you have there.

Hello Pit, Have a look at a French forum mg34mg42.forumactif.org go down to 'bar forum' or do a search (top right) on 'zb26' someone has just restored one (looks great) and was looking for parts. The advise given to him was to look on egun, it's a German site. The forum's a cracker if your into 34s and 42s, the translation can be a little testing, but it's worth it and along with Mg42.us, and this forum, plus WA and I am sure you will find your buttplate. Jonathan.

Thank you - I'll check out those sites.

I like egun - good source of "bodunfund" objects.

Got some more accessories for the ZB today - it's going to be a terrific piece - when I finally finish.

Pit.
    PS - some ZB mags and a czech carrier in pic.
    2012-10-22144311.jpg