MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ar 43 k98

Article about: That looks awesome. If you don't mind me asking. How much did that cost you? Semper Fi Phil

Default Ar 43 k98

Hello Sirs,
    I've been looking to add a decent K98 to my collection for quite some time however I'm not knowledgeable in them. I recently came across this one at one of my favorite pawn shops and took a chance on it. The price seemed right. There is no external serial number on the stock although there is a serial number stamped inside the barrel channel and inside the hand guard, both match the receiver. All parts that I can find numbers on match the receiver to include the small parts of the rear sight, trigger, and firing pin not shown.

Although hard to see in the pictures the barrel is marked in large numbers 131 then small numbers 43 and letters CYW.

I have researched a bit and found the manufactures information but any additional information that the experts on here could share would be most appreciated. Please excuse the poor picture quality. I am away from home and do not have my own camera and preferred backdrops.

Ar 43 k98Ar 43 k98Ar 43 k98Ar 43 k98Ar 43 k98Ar 43 k98Ar 43 k98Ar 43 k98Ar 43 k98Ar 43 k98Ar 43 k98Ar 43 k98Ar 43 k98

I am by no means an expert on K98s... they have so many damn intricacies... but this one seems like it stands a great chance!

can't see a problem.

Looks like you scored a nice k98 seems to be an all matching rifle very sweet!! All matching are getting hard to find unless you are willing to payout the nose. And you got it from the pawn shop, WOW How is the bore? Now you just need to shoot it. I wish I knew what the 131 meant. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Thank you. The bore looks like new. I believe that I learned that the 131 was a lot number.

Rob

Nice 98K in great condition! Even has the front sight hood! Excellent find! Now get the sling and bayonet for it and you'll be all set! (and maybe a cleaning kit!)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thank you. I have a excellent condition bayonet for it but will look for an original sling and cleaning kit at a local gun show this weekend.

Rob

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Nice 98K in great condition! Even has the front sight hood! Excellent find! Now get the sling and bayonet for it and you'll be all set! (and maybe a cleaning kit!)
    And don't forget ammo pouches! And maybe a belt to sling it all together. But wait! You will need Y-straps to hold it all up. Also, that bayonet and ammo pouches are going to be pretty lonely on that big belt? Maybe a bread bag. But if you get a bread bag you will have to get a canteen and messkit (w/ cutlery of course!). What good is a full webbing settup without somewhere to display it like a mannequin? But that mannequin is going to look pretty stupid without something else on it like a tunic. But a uniform is not complete without a cap! Perhaps a helmet or M43? Also what good is a floating torso? It needs legs! So some nice feldgrau trousers and jackboots. also throw in a gasmask can for extra points (You now understand how dangerous collecting is)

Ha.. I will probably do all of that before it's all over. I tend to get hooked on things and can't sleep until I have all of the accessories or any other related items.

?

Try and get a cleaning kit marked arr 43,you can tell everybody it matches the rifle ( I know it doesn`t )............Pete.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ar 43 k98  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast