Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Arisaka Rifle

Article about: Hey, I know almost nothing about guns, but the rest of my family are kind of into guns. We have this old Japanese rifle in our safe that I'm assuming is from WW2, and what I do know about it

jordan place
    ?

Default Arisaka Rifle

Hey, I know almost nothing about guns, but the rest of my family are kind of into guns.

We have this old Japanese rifle in our safe that I'm assuming is from WW2, and what I do know about it is, that it's an Arisaka and the serial number is 54632.

If anyone knows the exact model of this gun or what year it was possibly made in or even what it's worth please let me know, thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Arisaka Rifle   Arisaka Rifle  

Arisaka Rifle   Arisaka Rifle  

Default Re: Arisaka Rifle

Hi Jordon, and welcome to the forum!

It is a Type 99 and is WW2 in date.

Cheers, Ade.

?

You will need to post a good quality picture of the serial number and the symbols before and after it as I have shown so we can give you more info.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Arisaka Rifle  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Ade, Is correct Japanese Type 99 (1939) used by all Japanese forces in WW2..Cal 7.7 Japanese.. These weapons even showed up in Korea and Viet-Nam.. Given to the N. Koreans, and VC by the Chicoms...Durring the Korean War the US even converted many 1000s of T-99s to 30/06 US calibre and armed the South Korean Police with them they even concerted the Japanese T-30 bayonet scabbard to fit on US Cartridge belts using the hook system...Your Bayonet is the Type 30 Bayonet.. If you would take picts if the serial number area of the rifle to include the markings I'll tell you who made it and what series (Must be very clear picts.) same goes for the bayonet markings...Your rifle was captured in combat, since the MUM has not been ground off the top of the chamber.... by the way very nice...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

jordan place
    ?

Alright thanks for letting me know, heres the close ups of the serial numbers and symbols.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Arisaka Rifle   Arisaka Rifle  

Arisaka Rifle  

jordan place
    ?

I found another symbol on the bayonet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Arisaka Rifle  

?

Hi, the rifle is a series 4 made by Nagoya arsenal,the bayonet has a Kokura arsenal symbol on it.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Jordan Place, Zwerge has posted the manufacture information on your nice Japanese T-99 and bayonet. BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Jan
    ?

I, ve got a smaller approx half the size Arisaka bayonet, is it for the same rifle?

Rgds Jan

More than likely a Child's training bayonet...or it could be a Siamese bayonet manufactured by the Japanese... Post some picts. of it... BILL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast