Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Arisaka Type 99 help?

Article about: Camera is not playing fair tonight.. I tried I guess haha

Default Arisaka Type 99 help?

Hello Everyone:

I recently picked up a Japanese Arisaka Type 99 I believe but I would like some more info on it.

Who was the maker?
    What "Series" is this Rifle?
    And any information on it would be nice.

Thanks Again,
    Cody
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Arisaka Type 99 help?   Arisaka Type 99 help?  

Arisaka Type 99 help?   Arisaka Type 99 help?  

Arisaka Type 99 help?  

Default Re: Arisaka Type 99 help?

Looks like a series 2 Nagoya T99 to me, maybe someone else can help further.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Hi Cody,

Nice rifle! Bluing looks great, and the chrysanthemum is intact!! As you probably know, this rifle was probably a battlefield pick-up verses a firearm that surrendered at the end of the war.

As the war progressed, Type 99 rifles especially had different gizmos added or subtracted to their production. I am not too familiar with Japanese rifles, but as the 'mum is intact, it leads me to believe that your T99 never had a monopod and perhaps never even a dust cover.

Do the Anti-Aircraft sights have their "wings" still that flip down?

The maker is definitely Nagoya as Eric said... series is hard to tell using the blurry picture you provided... my guess would be Series 6...

Check out this link:
    Markings on Japanese Arisaka Rifles and Bayonets of World War II

Thanks Eric, I dont know anything about these rifles because I'm mainly a K98 collector. A Box of Shells cost me $28 for 20.. a bit more spendy then my 8mm!

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Hi Cody,

Nice rifle! Bluing looks great, and the chrysanthemum is intact!! As you probably know, this rifle was probably a battlefield pick-up verses a firearm that surrendered at the end of the war.

As the war progressed, Type 99 rifles especially had different gizmos added or subtracted to their production. I am not too familiar with Japanese rifles, but as the 'mum is intact, it leads me to believe that your T99 never had a monopod and perhaps never even a dust cover.

Do the Anti-Aircraft sights have their "wings" still that flip down?

The maker is definitely Nagoya as Eric said... series is hard to tell using the blurry picture you provided... my guess would be Series 6...

Check out this link:
    Markings on Japanese Arisaka Rifles and Bayonets of World War II
    Thanks! I can try to take a better picture of the serial numbers if thats the issue, or what are you guys needing for a better analysis?

No problem, Cody.

A clear shot of the series marking will give us a better idea of what exactly your rifle should and should not have.

Not sure if you saw this in my previous post. Does your rifle still have the flip out AA sight wings?

Quote by NDShooter View Post
    Thanks Eric, I dont know anything about these rifles because I'm mainly a K98 collector. A Box of Shells cost me $28 for 20.. a bit more spendy then my 8mm!
    If you shop around, you can find stuff for cheaper... but not much.

I usually shoot this stuff thru my Arisaka:
    Arisaka Type 99 help?

It sells for just shy of $20 a box... Sorry for the poor photo... I forgot to bring targets to the range last time and decided to use the empty box of ammo... Not a bad grouping at 60yrds!

One of these has been on my want list for a while now. Awesome that you have the Imperial chrysanthemum intact

?

I'm thinking series 6 Nagoya. Clearer pics will definitely help. Looks to be in very good shape.

Thanks Everyone!

No AA Sights... sadly.

But, here are some more pics...

Well, If you want to buy this one, and have a FFL dealer who could do the transfer to you... I'd sell her. Just because it's not my kind of rifle to collect.
    Thanks!
    Cody
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Arisaka Type 99 help?   Arisaka Type 99 help?  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast