Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

An automatic rifle for the collection "one shudders"

Article about: Blooming good website that Ade! Your a bad influence, just lost half an hour in happy surfing .... I might spend the afternoon "stripping" all sorts! LOL (or at least seeing how fa

Reg
    ?

Default An automatic rifle for the collection "one shudders"

Hello Gents

Im snowed in today so I thoght Ild pop a picture of my new toy to fend off the post xmas blues.

I normally collect pre 1950 B/A rifles, (De-acts) but over recent years a few "beastly automatic things" have crept in through the back door by dint of being a good price and in good condition, and this eventually led me to break my "pre 1950 only" chip on my shoulder and talk myself into an AK, I found recently a supplier of russian made milled reciever AK47s, so as this was near to the 50s I ordered one, they were advertised as tatty but were really quite cheep £125, so I reasoned what the heck and here are a few grainy pics.....

Bit of TLC and a sling and cleaning rod ... Dated 53 Ishevesk and welded totally solid as per post 95 regs, but not as bad contition as I was expecting.

Cheers
    Reg
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture An automatic rifle for the collection "one shudders"   An automatic rifle for the collection "one shudders"  

Default Re: An automatic rifle for the collection "one shudders"

Hi Reg, nice little BB gun there. Getting one of those always helps clear the blues at that price. I have a Tula in very similar shape. Used to be cheap to shoot, but not anymore. What are the requirements for you to get one of those toys over there that is not deactivated? Jay

Reg
    ?

Hi Jay

Hmmm, a live AK 47 in the UK! Unless its a straight pull (ie semi auto) not a chance at all ..... legally anyway! Unless there is some massive extenuating reason as to why mr Joe Public should have one! which doesnt happen very often.

In the mid 80s some Idiot used one in a rotten massacre in Hungerford, restrictions were significantly tightened after then.

Cheers
    Reg

ian
    ?

all autos are baned here full or semi thanks to michle ryon (hungerford)

Reg
    ?

Your right Ian, I should have put "manual load" in the brackets.

Thanks

Reg

ian
    ?

you cant even have that mate. too easy to convert acording to the fuzz.

bolt action only and then max 3rd mag

Reg
    ?

Blimey! Im well out of date. Thanks for the info,

Reg

ian
    ?

and if we take our eyes off this gang of control freeks we have in govrnment they will ban deacs as well

Reg
    ?

Agreed! They were trying to push a ban on pre 95 de-acts last year! but its gone quiet, there was a thread on here about it. Our wise government consulted the Sealed Knot on the subject

ian
    ?

yep but they have to appease all the do gooders and bleeding heart anti everything brigade somehow there way is to punish the law abiding while armed drug dealers roam the streets of our cities un harased by any one, good init, what a country this has become

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast