MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Axis rifle,Japanese bolt action with ammo,look good?

Article about: 7.7 Japanese caliber,ww2 era rifle,a bringback.Stock has some dings but the blued finish is nice,full mum and belive all matching.These are not worth what the US and German rifles are but ev

Default Axis rifle,Japanese bolt action with ammo,look good?

7.7 Japanese caliber,ww2 era rifle,a bringback.Stock has some dings but the blued finish is nice,full mum and belive all matching.These are not worth what the US and German rifles are but everyone interested in ww2 needs an example!ha
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Axis rifle,Japanese bolt action with ammo,look good?   Axis rifle,Japanese bolt action with ammo,look good?  

Axis rifle,Japanese bolt action with ammo,look good?   Axis rifle,Japanese bolt action with ammo,look good?  

Axis rifle,Japanese bolt action with ammo,look good?   Axis rifle,Japanese bolt action with ammo,look good?  

Nice rifle
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Great acquisition. Very nice condition Type 99 Rifle. I cannot read the series kanji in the pic. Does not look like it was messed with. Did it come with capture papers?

Thanks guys!No capture papers came with it,with the full mum it may have been sneaked/ sent back,most of these captured Japanese rifles were required to have the mum ground.But if you were an officer or had some pull you could ship weapons back home and avoid the normal procedure.Or so I have heard.My Dad said he could have brought back a lot of pistols in his duffle bag but worried about it as they were told not to ,but when he boarded the ship to go home,they never searched him or said a word about it!Can you imagine how many weapons were snuck back.

?

That is a beauty TC. It even has the AA sight wings!!!
    Very Nice Indeed!
    And you Gotta love that Norma ammo! Quality stuff!

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Very nice,made at the Kokura arsenal,the series mark is at the left of the serial number,but we cant see it.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

MAP
    ?

Quote by Toecutter View Post
    Thanks guys!No capture papers came with it,with the full mum it may have been sneaked/ sent back,most of these captured Japanese rifles were required to have the mum ground...
    It's my understanding the Mums were ground off on surrendered weapons at the end of the war. Battlefield pick ups during the war did not have this done. Happy to be corrected on this.

Great rifle btw
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nice shape toecutter and with the mum intact. In fact just read the latest Guns&Ammo magazine which features an article on the Type 38-99 rifle and nambu pistol. Pretty interesting. I have fired the Type 99 in 7.7 with Norma ammo. The one by buddy scored for $25 back around 72. They were said to have a robust action. Believe they made a folding model too for paratroops. Check out that article in Guns & Ammo if interested. Great to see the vintage combat weapons.

Very nice Type 99. That ammo pouch and Norma ammo is probably worth almost as much as the rifle lol. I have a Type 38 but haven’t shot it because Norma is the only factory ammo I can find is it’s pricey! Your gun collection never ceases to amaze