Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

bcd 44 K98

Article about: Hey guys,I picked this up in Allentown over the weekend from a dealer/ friend. All the metal is numbers matching including the bolt. The stock is one of three available finishes for this mak

?

Default bcd 44 K98

Hey guys,I picked this up in Allentown over the weekend from a dealer/ friend. All the metal is numbers matching including the bolt. The stock is one of three available finishes for this maker. There are very few Waffenamts on this gun. One is either 240 or 249, very light stampings. There is the remnants of what appears to be a WaA1 which is correct and a WaA63 on the rear band, which is Mauser werke. It has the proper cupped butt plate and all the metal has the same patina. It looks like an honest vet bring back with some possible things replaced due to regular maintenance. Opinions guys? Thanks in advance! More pics when I can.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture bcd 44 K98   bcd 44 K98  

bcd 44 K98   bcd 44 K98  

bcd 44 K98   bcd 44 K98  

bcd 44 K98   bcd 44 K98  

bcd 44 K98   bcd 44 K98  

bcd 44 K98   bcd 44 K98  

Default Re: bcd 44 K98

looks like its straight from the factory.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    looks like its straight from the factory.
    When I saw it at the show, the light color of the stock threw me off... From a distance I thought it was a repro.

I love the patina on your rifle, Josh!

?

Harry, the wood does have a few dents and nicks.... and some dents and hours on the edges of some of the metal.... it definitely got used!

I'd say you got yourself a Beauty! Nice to see in this condition!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Strange that you cannot read the year, is that just the reflection in the photo?

Looks very nice though.

Pit.
    *Edit - my bad there were plenty of BCD factory rifles with just the numeral 4 (even off centered that way) - nice.

?

The year is clearly visible in the photo, it is marked only with a single digit 4, as is correct for bcd44 rifles.

Thanks Newbie,

I caught myself about 5 minutes after posting - I had thought the second digit was missing, did not know about the single digit until I looked it up. Looks lovely.
    I am not quite as efficient as you old pros at the posting thing, got to take a second before writing, lol.

I do not have a bcd K98, only a matching Byf which is year marked with both digits.
    Here is a link to that thread:
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/firea...-a-k98-242959/

Pit.

Looks like a great K98 you have there.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

?

more pics.........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture bcd 44 K98   bcd 44 K98  

bcd 44 K98   bcd 44 K98  

bcd 44 K98   bcd 44 K98  

bcd 44 K98   bcd 44 K98  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast