Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Beretta MP38/parts kit display

Article about: Hi folks, I have a Beretta MP38 parts kit like the one in the photo. The one depicted is cut the same way as my example. My question - is there someone who can make a non firing display? I d

Default Beretta MP38/parts kit display

Hi folks, I have a Beretta MP38 parts kit like the one in the photo. The one depicted is cut the same way as my example. My question - is there someone who can make a non firing display? I don't want one of those aluminum tubes. I had one and it looked like crap. I just want the parts to be re-connected to look cosmetically good - not a functioning weapon. Can anyone recommend a smith that might do this for me? I can take close up photos of my parts kit for reference. Thanks for any feedback. Neil

Beretta MP38/parts kit display

DON"T DO IT! The BATFE won't appreciate it.

Ok I guess I got your attention, so here's the deal, if you reweld this back together they can very easily say your trying to reactivate it and send you up the river.
    They do have guidelines on how to do this legally, most of the time a inch of material has to removed etc. Which then it won't fit in the stock right etc. This can be a minefield, you can contact them and they can tell you the guidelines on what has to be done, but they may be not so easy to deal with. I called them one time about a MG34 parts kit and he was like "you have to submit a form, then we will review it" I got kinda short with him and said it was a simple question that only needed a simple answer not a bunch of government bull***t. he finally said to remove an inch of the receiver. So the guidelines on this type of gun maybe different. There may possibly be info on there website pertaining to this also. I'd just be careful, that's why the solid aluminum receivers are on the market so a guy don't have to worry about all that.

I live in Italy, so I can't help you for this point, but I can say that this is not a MP38 but a Beretta 38A, from these sold to Rumania (you can see that the first part of the stock has been cut).

Thanks for the input. My parts kit is a bit different from the one posted - I used this photo just to illustrate the condition of the kit. I did see a site that sells the aluminum tubes with instructions on how to make a non-firing display. At this point, I think I will just sand and clean the parts so they fit in the stock and attach them with removable epoxy. NH