Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

blood rust

Article about: by big ned Blood rust = The loose personal valuation'for what you think it's worth' is probably the truest thing said. The guy's trying to give the impression it's been used in combat and ki

All I see is deep pitting to the rifle - as can be seen on ANY weapon which isn't looked after! I'm not convinced a pint of A positive caused it though.

?

Well if you're not convinced that is a blood pattern, then so be it. I respect your opinion as that is what is important to you and I'm not here to try to convince you otherwise, Ray

Quote by RayG View Post
    Well if you're not convinced that is a blood pattern, then so be it. I respect your opinion as that is what is important to you and I'm not here to try to convince you otherwise, Ray
    Don't be too bothered by my opinion Ray. If we all thought the same, life would become rather boring wouldn't you say?

Lol - Didn't see the date on this thread. That's a long
    time to go without a response from the OP.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

I have seen a few images posted here on this site of ground dug helmets that have come off the bodys after the KIA's have been found. There is alot of pitting on the inside of the helmet where as ones that have been in the ground alone not on a head dont have that same pitting.

?

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Don't be too bothered by my opinion Ray. If we all thought the same, life would become rather boring wouldn't you say?
    How true that is, well said, Ray

Quote by lew07 View Post
    5 Years? Well it should have even more patina by now Ned lol
    Fixed it for ya!

?

I forgot to mention, if you look at the 2nd photo, on the stock you will notice a black dried fairly thick substance that was deposited on the wood. Ray

?

I have this helmet from WWI and the only thing I can say is if it isn't blood rust its a big coincidence . I don't think it was a kill shot but I bet he had a hell of a headache. I have matched up a 45 round with the dent and it is a perfect fit. Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture blood rust   blood rust  

blood rust   blood rust  

I own a Jager zu Pferde helmet which has combat damage. It is likely that the person wearing it was killed. At the rear of the helmet are several penetration shots, the largest of which is from a shrapnel ball. The ball - or parts of it, carried on through the liner. There is no blood rust to the inside of the helmet, and there is no blood rot to the liner. I am not trying to persuade others to think as I do over this matter. But I cannot help but think that the reason for all this talk of blood rust and blood rot is nothing more than wishful thinking on the part of the owner who is trying to prove that their helmet came off some dead soldier who might have had his brains deposited on the inside of the helmet. There are plenty of reasons why rust forms in helmets.

blood rust

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast