Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Blood stained P-38?

Article about: Was wondering if this P-38 is bloodstained or just something got on it? It's kind of a reddish brown as you can see under the grip with the section broken out, the magazine has this reddish

Default Blood stained P-38?

Was wondering if this P-38 is bloodstained or just something got on it? It's kind of a reddish brown as you can see under the grip with the section broken out, the magazine has this reddish brown stuff on it also. I've had blood stained firearms before but they were much worse then this. A buddy of mine has a shotgun that got turkey blood on it and looks just like this. thoughts? Blood stained P-38?Blood stained P-38?Blood stained P-38?

Here are some photo's of the mag etc. Notice the pattern on the front of the mag like cotton fabric or? Also a picture of the broken grip but not so zoomed in. This pistol was made in November of 44 if my memory serves me correct. Blood stained P-38?Blood stained P-38?Blood stained P-38?Blood stained P-38?

Hers some pictures of the whole pistol. CYQ code. Would have been a real nice pistol if wasn't for the staining. appeared unfired when I got it. Blood stained P-38?Blood stained P-38?

I am always skeptical of 'blood staining'. The finish loos appears from poor storage conditions in a case or holster. Is the goo dried grease? Not easy way to test for blood human or other.
    John

Still a great pistol
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

No I don't think it's grease. It don't look the same as dried cosmoline etc. I know blood depending on how long it's been on there will do this, but I wonder if there is any house hold chemicals that will do this? It hasn't etched the metal or pitted it.
    I had a Japanese type 94 pistol that had laid in blood on one side and you could actually see the swirl pattern of how the blood coagulated etched in the steel. I'm assuming it was on there a long time to do that.