Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

BNZ 43 98k pickup today at garage sale for 100 bucks

Article about: Hello, I wanted to ask the experts on this rifle. I picked it up today at a garage sale of a elder lady who's husband passed away and getting rid of a lot of stuff. So I picked this k98 up a

Default BNZ 43 98k pickup today at garage sale for 100 bucks

Hello, I wanted to ask the experts on this rifle. I picked it up today at a garage sale of a elder lady who's husband passed away and getting rid of a lot of stuff. So I picked this k98 up along with a mosin and a few german helmets and a k98 bayonet.

It looks all matching to me. The lower section is all matching, the barrel and floor plate is matching but with different numbers. The bnz fonts look a little bigger for some reason. I had to take the barrel band off because it was backwards according to pictures iv seen on the internett. Maybe he took it apart before he mailed it? I don't know. It has some paint on it, white paint. THe elder lady said it was in a closet basically since he got home, so maybe just some house paint. Im sure it will come off easy. I want to go shoot it but It should be safe I hope. It might be a collector rifle since it was a bring back? Oh, when I turned the barrel band around The numbers inside the stock matched also. I almost feel guilty for the price because I had a good deal on the helmets, I know helmets and I almost want to give her more money before she goes into a retirement home. It has a small hairline crack on the hand guard? I don't know if it was caused from the barrel band being backwards for all these years.BNZ 43 98k pickup today at garage sale for 100 bucksBNZ 43 98k pickup today at garage sale for 100 bucksBNZ 43 98k pickup today at garage sale for 100 bucksBNZ 43 98k pickup today at garage sale for 100 bucksBNZ 43 98k pickup today at garage sale for 100 bucksBNZ 43 98k pickup today at garage sale for 100 bucksBNZ 43 98k pickup today at garage sale for 100 bucksBNZ 43 98k pickup today at garage sale for 100 bucksBNZ 43 98k pickup today at garage sale for 100 bucksBNZ 43 98k pickup today at garage sale for 100 bucksBNZ 43 98k pickup today at garage sale for 100 bucksBNZ 43 98k pickup today at garage sale for 100 bucksBNZ 43 98k pickup today at garage sale for 100 bucksBNZ 43 98k pickup today at garage sale for 100 bucksBNZ 43 98k pickup today at garage sale for 100 bucksBNZ 43 98k pickup today at garage sale for 100 bucksBNZ 43 98k pickup today at garage sale for 100 bucksBNZ 43 98k pickup today at garage sale for 100 bucksBNZ 43 98k pickup today at garage sale for 100 bucksBNZ 43 98k pickup today at garage sale for 100 bucksBNZ 43 98k pickup today at garage sale for 100 bucks

Thanks!!!

D: you scored huge

I'll give you 105. You've done well.

?

You sure do need to give her more money!!! unless she raped you on the helmet prices then I would say Hell No!!!!! I would shoot it. Matter of fact, one of my favorite ways to bruise my shoulder is to go out and shoot my K98 with some 198 grain 8mm Romanian surplus!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

No I didn't get rapped on the helmets. 50 bucks a helmet. whats the value of this rifle you guys think ? The history of it?

Rifle mechanism matches itself (presuming stock matches mechanism) bolt does not match rifle mechanism but matches itself.
    (One of the more experienced K98 cats will know about the stock finish and whether it's been sanded or not?)

IMO - Somewhere between $500 - $900 (The $900 one is on Calguns and unlikely to sell quick.)
    Anything over $900 and you can still find a matching K98 if you take the time.
    Did she have any bring back paperwork, or war era papers at all?

The older collectors may say less value, but, RC's are selling at $500 now, and this is considerably more desirable to most people than an RC.

I would pay $600 or so all day long for one like yours - and I am not alone.

The subject of under paying an old lady for items like this is a personal one - if you can spare it, I would slip her a little extra. Maybe when you go back and ask if she had any bring-back paperwork you slip her a few bills?

Nice !!!!!!!

I do have the captured papers, she had them. So this is not a matching gun? It just has two sets of serial numbers but all matching...I don't get it. Has to be worth more then 500 bucks!...

?

The bolt numbers do not match the numbers on the rest of the rifle,so it is mismatched,the stock looks to have been sanded and refinished,so $500.............
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Thanks for all of the input into this.!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast