Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bob Faris Has Passed Away

Article about: Bob Faris one of the finest gentlemen ever to grace this planet has passed away after battling a long illness. He is the father/big brother to all of us in the South West if not the entire U

?

Default Bob Faris Has Passed Away

Bob Faris one of the finest gentlemen ever to grace this planet has passed away after battling a long illness. He is the father/big brother to all of us in the South West if not the entire USA. His collection was one of the most complete in the US His knowledge of all firearms was unsurpassed. That is Bob on the poster for the Big Sandy Shoot.
    I met Bob 16 years ago shortly after I arrived in Arizona. He was my house guest almost every year on Memorial Day Weekend and Labor Day Weekend when we had our "Bob Faris Memorial and Labor Day MG Shoots". Bob was the kindest most giving person I have ever met. He was always there when anyone needed help or had problems with there weapon. I remember many times when Bob spent most of the shoot trying to help some one out rather than shoot his own weapons. Bob will sorely be missed. I sure he is up there in the big shooting range in the heavens helping new shooters out as he did in life. Rest In Peace Robert.

Default Re: Bob Faris Has Passed Away

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.

My condolences.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I never knew the gentlemen, but I pass on my condolences....RIP

?

Ade,
    Bob was good friends with Herb Woodend former curator of the Pattern Room. Herb visited Bob many times before he passed away. In fact Bob got the one way clip for my PB Vickers Pederson from Herb. I want to thank you all for your condolences.
    Sam

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend and mentor.
    His legecy will remain with the knowledge he passed on to gentlemen like yourself.
    All the best mate.

Sorry about the loss of your friend, Sam.

One can only imagine the wealth of Knowledge he had........

they dont make em like that no more.

Regards,
    Mike

Sorry for the loss of your good friend.Though,I never met him ,our passion for collecting and enjoying our hobby creates a family for all of us.
    When one of our family passes ,we all feel the sorrow.
    Sorry for the loss of your friend,
    Peter

?

Sorry for the loss of your friend... he sounded like a very nice gentleman... rip

?

Thanks to all. Hard to get over it when a good friend passes.