Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Breda 30 LMG in 6.5 Carcano

Article about: by ObKrieger I would love to see a video of this thing in action. Sorry I don't have a camera that will take video's other than a tape camcorder.

?

Default Breda 30 LMG in 6.5 Carcano

My Breda 30 LMG in 6.5 Carcano. I was lucky enough to find a spare parts set and 15 of the U shaped clips to load the magazine. Surprisingly it works flawlessly.

Default Re: Breda 30 LMG in 6.5 Carcano

I don't know about in the USA, but here in the UK this is a rare beast.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I don't know about in the USA, but here in the UK this is a rare beast.

Cheers, Ade.
    They are kind of rare here as well.
    Cheers,
    Sam

Hi Sam,
    Nice LMG, but a bit of an ugly bugger isnt it. thanks for showing it.
    Dave.

?

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi Sam,
    Nice LMG, but a bit of an ugly bugger isnt it. thanks for showing it.
    Dave.
    Hi Dave,
    Ugly is being kind when you describe the M 30. Perhaps that's why you don't see them very often. But they do work as long as you are not in a sandy or swampy location.
    Cheers,
    Sam

Never seen one of these before, nice find. Looks like it was built to withstand a beating, and it must be heavy?

Samnev-'Flawless' is a word not often used with the Breda-the mag system with a hinged fixed box needing to be reloaded on the weapon itself for a measly 20 rounds is but the start but obviously yours is a good example of a poor design-as the Italian PBI (Poor Bloody Infantry) had to drag these through the sand and dust of North Africa and Southern Russia and indeed everywhere else, some 'sympathy' has to be expressed for them...

Very nice Breda LMG, Sam...I have only see them in museums...
    Best, Thanos.

I would love to see a video of this thing in action.

?

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Samnev-'Flawless' is a word not often used with the Breda-the mag system with a hinged fixed box needing to be reloaded on the weapon itself for a measly 20 rounds is but the start but obviously yours is a good example of a poor design-as the Italian PBI (Poor Bloody Infantry) had to drag these through the sand and dust of North Africa and Southern Russia and indeed everywhere else, some 'sympathy' has to be expressed for them...
    As you know the square box like receptacle on the receiver is also to hold the lubricating fluid needed for the Breda 30 to run properly. I lube the cartridges with Johnson's Paste wax which dries quickly and leave a dry residue that lubes the cartridges. That is the only reason as well as shooting conditions here in this part of Arizona are ideal very few day of dusty conditions. I tried once to lube via the built in system. With in 50 rounds there was soup in the bottom of the receiver. I can imagine the problems that caused in North Africa and elsewhere as the soup turned to goo after a short exposure to those conditions. The Breda 30 is the last MG I would want to take into battle But works fine in thee warm dry conditions in Arizona where I live.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast