Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bren gun and .303 Enfield

Article about: Have been offered two deactivated guns by a guy i know who does house clearance they have been expertly done and are stamped with the deactivation stamp all the barrell is welded and the bol

Default Bren gun and .303 Enfield

Have been offered two deactivated guns by a guy i know who does house clearance they have been expertly done and are stamped with the deactivation stamp all the barrell is welded and the bolts cut.They have no certificates he has not got any paperwork with them can anybody tell me where id stand if i was to buy them please are they illegal to own like this and if not how would i get some certificates for them please any ideas? if they are illegal i will definately leave them but how nice they are!!!!!!

Default Re: Bren gun and .303 Enfield

Providing the stamps are present and correct and the work is correctly done (which it will be if stamped and sounds like it is from your description ) you do not need the certificates. The paperwork is not a legal requirement. It just makes life eaiser if they need to be inspected by the Police. If it worries you, you could resubmit them to the Proof House and they will reproof them & reissue new certs, but the cost would most likely be very prohibitive.

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: Bren gun and .303 Enfield

Thanks Adrian think ill go for it then they are 100% expertly done by a fully qualified person.