Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Bren Gun Help!

Article about: I hope this is the right place to post! I've received a bren gun as a gift and I am struggling to gather info on it - the web & forums are lovely but like quicksand to me! Pics below. If

Default Bren Gun Help!

I hope this is the right place to post!

I've received a bren gun as a gift and I am struggling to gather info on it - the web & forums are lovely but like quicksand to me!

Pics below. If anyone could help that would be fantastic (if you need different pics I'll get onto It!)

Bren Gun Help!Bren Gun Help!Bren Gun Help!Bren Gun Help!Bren Gun Help!Bren Gun Help!Bren Gun Help!

Hi what do you want to know ,it looks to be a good Enfield made Mk1 Bren

Anything really.

From what I can gather from comparing to online pictures it all looks like an M1, but i'm no expert on this by any stretch of the imagination.

And if anyone can cast an eye over the markings and what they mean.

?

Quote by kradman View Post
    Hi what do you want to know ,it looks to be a good Enfield made Mk1 Bren

I agree, the barrel and bipod appear to be correct for a Mk i Bren as does the rear sight.

No problems with the topsy turvey Bren, but why have you got a post war Bundy gas mask tin? You need a good GM38 one instead.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    No problems with the topsy turvey Bren, but why have you got a post war Bundy gas mask tin? You need a good GM38 one instead.
    £2.50 from a local auction - it fills up the bootom shelf!

All I know is Id like someone to give me a gift like that. Very nice!

I think it was you I replied to on the other forum, all I can tell you is its from the Irish contract and was sold off a few years ago. Kentex bought them and this one was one of the batch WWA deactivated. The Irish contract was with CZ but as the Germans invaded and gained control of the factory, Enfield completed the contract. If you google the Irish Emegency it may explain more.