Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Bren Mk1 & Lee Enfield No4

Article about: Hello all, Just thought I'd post pictures of my new deacts. I bought these yesterday at the Liverpool Arms Fair. BREN GUN MK1 I paid £280 for this. It was deactivated in 2004. I'm not sure w

Default Re: Bren Mk1 & Lee Enfield No4

Cheers Harry,

Bloody hell mate, how on earth did you manage to find room for such a collection? Sounds like you had some beauties.... including a Bren Mk1

What's the Sarac M53 like? I'd love an MG42, but couldn't afford one at the minute. I'm thinking of getting an M53 as a temp stand in, but not decided yet!

The SLR looks tidy! I had about 2 dozen blank rounds which I found on Burtonwood. Give em all away though! Doh!

Hi Harry,
    Very nice Brens mate have a Mk1 Bren, Inglis 1942 it,s my only one though. Dont have much room left for more, could you show your S.L.R, it,s my favourite rifle of modern times, i had an issued one for six years, and with wood furniture like yours. i didnt like the plastic, thanks for showing them.
    dave.

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi Harry,
    Very nice Brens mate have a Mk1 Bren, Inglis 1942 it,s my only one though. Dont have much room left for more, could you show your S.L.R, it,s my favourite rifle of modern times, i had an issued one for six years, and with wood furniture like yours. i didnt like the plastic, thanks for showing them.
    dave.
    Hi Dave,
    I will try to upload some pictures tomorrow of the SLR. the one I have is Australian manufacture, it's all wood - apart from the carry-handle which is plastic. I purchased it earlier this year, as it has the same woodwork as the one I last used in NI. The fore-stock is of the rounded type, I also have the Fed riot-gun which was also a favourite of mine. As for where did I keep all the Maxim guns? Anywhere I could stash them at the time! Not all of them had tripods. I have just opened a new thread about Mg's and posted a picture of the Mg08/15 that used to be mine. Over time I will try to post pictures of the other Mg's. As for the Sarac, it's a cheap way of owning an Mg42. A lot of rubbish is spouted about this type of gun by other collectors. it is every bit as good as the Mg42, and it wasn't so ammunition-greedy. My gun carries the WaA610 stamp on the receiver - the topic of much debate amongst collectors.

Harry.

Hi harry,
    thanks i look forward to seeing the pics, you have a V,good collection of weapons they will go down well on the forum.
    as for NI, i think you will find ther are a lot of us on here who trod the same path.
    dave.

Ex L.I,

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Hi Chris,
    The picture is a bit naff really, I normally do the photographs outside. but the weather did not favour that option today. The gun is a bog-standard Mk1 of 1940 vintage. The only difference between this and the earlier model is the absense of the lightening slots in the receiver just forward of the magazine housing. Serial numbers are all matching (apart from barrel) and the butt has the usual BSA made components. Serial number is in the E64XX-range, which I suspect is about August/September. Date and EFD is to the left side of receiver. I have dug out a few more pictures I took a while ago. The gun which Woody now has can be seen in the pictures.
    Hi Harry, I think I already have a record of your gun, I've got a E64*8,if thats not the number then bugger me there close!

September is about right for your weapon, It looks like Enfield were producing 2100 guns a month during 1940 and by 1941 were producing about 4500 guns a month.

Cheers, Chris.

p.s. Its a 3rd stage intermediate.

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi Harry,
    dave.
    Hi Dave, here's the SLR - with the sling as you probably remember it, this is how I had it in '74' at Girdwood Park TA Barracks. I've also included the Fed Gun, but I last used that in 71/72. I put the last of my other guns I used to have on that other thread I started... What an idiot I was at the time to get rid, they would be worth a fortune now!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bren Mk1 & Lee Enfield No4   Bren Mk1 & Lee Enfield No4  

Quote by WoodyUK View Post
    Cheers Harry,

Bloody hell mate, how on earth did you manage to find room for such a collection? Sounds like you had some beauties.... including a Bren Mk1

What's the Sarac M53 like? I'd love an MG42, but couldn't afford one at the minute. I'm thinking of getting an M53 as a temp stand in, but not decided yet!

The SLR looks tidy! I had about 2 dozen blank rounds which I found on Burtonwood. Give em all away though! Doh!
    Hi Lee,
    Here's some pictures of the Mg34 & M53. I took them this afternoon. You really can't go wrong with the M53. It costs much less than half the price of an Mg42.

Harry.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bren Mk1 & Lee Enfield No4   Bren Mk1 & Lee Enfield No4  

Bren Mk1 & Lee Enfield No4   Bren Mk1 & Lee Enfield No4  

Hi Harry,
    Thanks for showing the S.L.R, +, that brings back some memories
    I liked the wood furniture better. It looks a nice old rifle iv got to get one I had a chance once before but let it go, ( stupid sod )
    I still have a deac early round for the Fed gun. before they flattend them out, Your MG,s are great you have some lovely weapons
    there very impessive,.
    dave.

Hi Dave,
    I never ever saw the SLR with wood furniture, I intend to get a shell-dressing to stick on the butt as well. Being cack-hande, I had it fixed on the left. Do you remember the old Webley guns we also used for the riot gun? Mine was dated from 1916. I had that and the Fed gun in the back of the pig, my mate acted as loader for me. I used to have the old type rubber bullet, but the dog chewed it up years ago. I would love to get a replacement sometime.

Harry.

Hi Lee
    the bren looks nice i wish i had the space for a few of those in my collection but there you go.
    Andy

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6