Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

British 6prd Anti tank gun manual

Article about: hi Guys, I picked this scarce manual up on E Bay some years ago now. I would very much like to buy a 6 prd A/T gun one day I once loaned one to tow behind my Jeep for a quick drive around th

Default British 6prd Anti tank gun manual

hi Guys, I picked this scarce manual up on E Bay some years ago now. I would very much like to buy a 6 prd A/T gun one day I once loaned one to tow behind my Jeep for a quick drive around the camp site while in Arnhem in 2001. The US forces basiclly copied this gun as the 57mm M1 anti tank gun.

The manual has some nice pull out illustrations. The extra armoured shields I had not seen before and seem to be an item that is rare to find in photos, never mind action pics. Possibly one of those ideas which never suceeded in practise. Being an early issue manual this book does not cover the later versions of the gun, such as the lightened Airborne Forces version. Later guns also had a muzzle brake fitted.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British 6prd Anti tank gun manual   British 6prd Anti tank gun manual  

Stug3ausfG
    ?

Default Re: British 6prd Anti tank gun manual

Amazing sometimes what you'll find on ebay for sale and what is out there floating around. Great purchase!

I really like military manuals..Very nice..BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Airborne version is same to this?

The Airborne version is the same gun, however the trail legs are made to split in half and the axle and gun sheild are cut down, so it looks quite different.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

The extra Gun shieds are very unusual Ade , i wonder if they were used in action at all or just in training ??
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    The Airborne version is the same gun, however the trail legs are made to split in half and the axle and gun sheild are cut down, so it looks quite different.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks Ade!

IWM pics!

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British 6prd Anti tank gun manual   British 6prd Anti tank gun manual  

Nice pics!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!