MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

British Enfield Revolver Dated 1944

Article about: Enjoy this British Enfield Revolver Dated 1944 Cal. .380 British Revolver...BILL

Default British Enfield Revolver Dated 1944

Enjoy this British Enfield Revolver Dated 1944 Cal. .380 British Revolver...BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Enfield Revolver Dated 1944   British Enfield Revolver Dated 1944  

British Enfield Revolver Dated 1944   British Enfield Revolver Dated 1944  

"As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

Default Re: British Enfield Revolver Dated 1944

Nice Bill,you have a fabulous collection.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Hello Bill,
    Here's my Webley war issue .38/200 S+W. Now deactivated, as is the war dated ammo. Before the pistol ban I used to regularly shoot the Webley using war dated ammo and got surprisingly good scores with it. The only tedious thing about corrosive WW2 rounds is having to boil the barrel after use. These rounds were widely criticized for having poor 'stopping power'. They only did somewhere in the region of 950fps with the large 200 grain projectile. I can't remember the Kinetic energy offhand but for those pedantic enough to be interested, here's the sum!
    (average velocity) x (average veloctity) x (weight in grains) over (450,240) = KE, in ft lbs.
    I notice Bills revolver has the hammer spur removed, this was at the request of tank crews who complained that it caught on things when they were trying to escape a stricken tank. They became standard issue for the crews and I've not heard of them being to any other branch?
    Best regards,
    navyman.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Enfield Revolver Dated 1944   British Enfield Revolver Dated 1944  

Hi bill,
    Your Enfield revolver looks realy nice i would like one for the collection. I have a webley same model as guy,s, but never fired it,
    bought as deac, I was going to say about the tank issue but as guy says they cought on items on exit from the tanks.
    dave.

?

Bill very nice Webley and rig. Navyman it must have been a sad day when they killed your Webley

Hello RH1941,
    Yes, the whole thing was a wasteful and pointless exercise, I don't see any reduction in crime.
    But I'm very lucky as my club has a disabled fund and last year subsidised me for a trip to Switzerland where I had a wonderful time on many different ranges. I was able to shoot most diciplines with a variety of weapons we here are no longer allowed to shoot. Even 'Practical' is possible with a wheelchair, providing you have a driver and are able to shout 'Start and Stop'. For the Sig assault rifle I was laid down on the firing point and picked up after my course of fire. I was also able to make myself useful with some weapon cleaning!
    A few pictures here.
    Cheers,
    navyman.

British Enfield Revolver Dated 1944   British Enfield Revolver Dated 1944  

?

Navyman seeing that smile on your face it looks like you had a great time. Gary

Hi guy,
    Really nice pics you have and what a trip i bet you loved every minute of it. It,s great to fire all those weapons thats what i miss
    being able to fire different types, right down to the 84mm Charlie G. it,s good to bang one in to a tank now and again. But the small arms are the best, that last pics is brillient how he cought the muzzle flash dead on. Well done mate loved them.
    dave.

?

I need to add an Enfield to my collection of WW II weapons. In that collection is my Webley Mk IV in .38 caliber. Here she is with a couple of Canadian issued P-37 holsters, web belt and ammo case.