Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Browning 1910

Article about: Some pics of my Browning model 1910 cal 7.65mm. Its a very nice and clean little pistol, inside and outside. I think it dates back to the 70's or 80's because of the wooden grips instead of

appie
    ?

Default Browning 1910

Some pics of my Browning model 1910 cal 7.65mm. Its a very nice and clean little pistol, inside and outside. I think it dates back to the 70's or 80's because of the wooden grips instead of the earlier hard rubber grips. The caliber is not very populair in the States, but overhere its not very hard to find amo for it. I even fired some wwII amo with it, as a friend had two original boxes of amo for me dating back to wwII. From the 100 rounds about 20 didn't work.
    I'm putting this one up for sale.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Browning 1910   Browning 1910  

?

Default Re: Browning 1910

Hi, biyt late this ifo but - In my opinion this gun was mostlikely made just after WW II. Wooden gripplates indicate this, theese were first used by FN during german occupation and they continued it few months possibly years after the war. Hard rubberplates FN has not ever used. Pre WW II plates with logo were made of cowhorn and later and also during WW II from different plasticmixtures. Also rather poor finish of the sufface indicate this manufacturing date. Hmm.. the backnumber seems to be milled away?

A nice little pistol - and I agree with SVaaka - it is of post war vintage,
    late 40's, early 50's perhaps.

With the serial number being removed, it would not be well received
    in North America............
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Well I was aslo wondering this - removal of backnumber...Finnish police would be furious.

Thats a nice gun that appie showed us.

I thought I should post a few pictures of my FN 1910:s
    First two pics is a gun in 7,65 mm Auto (32ACP)
    third and fourth pic is a gun in 9mm short (380ACP).
    Serialnumbers clearly visible

I need more nice holsters for these, anyone out there has any spares?
    Best regards
    Laplander
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Browning 1910   Browning 1910  

Browning 1910   Browning 1910  

?

Well now were talking Gotta admit both guns are fabulous even if they are plain ordinary commercial models. For some reason theese guns are quite hard to find even in europe in such perfect codition. 9.00 version is really good stuff - cause it is not so common. Also the backnumber is really intresting - so close to them three used by serbian nationalists using same gun in assasination of archeduke Frans Ferdiand. Nice guns - probably 9.00 best I have ever seen.

Cheers SVaaka.
    Here in Sweden lots of nice FN:s turn up all the time at gun-auctions.
    Where do you live SVaaka?
    Funny you should mention sereialnumber and guns used to kill the archduke.
    I looked into the serialnumbers a while ago, but someone told me that things were more complicated than they appeared.
    Anyway, nice that there is interest in these nice guns.
    I have previously posted some of my other FN guns.
    Maybe you SVaaka has pictures for us?

Best regards
    Laplander

Quote by SVaaka View Post
    Well now were talking Gotta admit both guns are fabulous even if they are plain ordinary commercial models. For some reason these guns are quite hard to find even in Europe in such perfect condition. 9.00 version is really good stuff - cause it is not so common. Also the backnumber is really interesting - so close to them three used by Serbian nationalist using same gun in assassination of Archduke Frans Ferdinand. Nice guns - probably 9.00 best I have ever seen.
    They are indeed 'plain and ordinary',
    but their inherent simplicity is what gives them their beauty........... !

These are the commercial hard rubber grips that are more commonly
    seen on these guns.

These two are gorgeous, Laplander !
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    They are indeed 'plain and ordinary',
    but their inherent simplicity is what gives them their beauty........... !

These are the commercial hard rubber grips that are more commonly
    seen on these guns.

These two are gorgeous, Laplander !
    Well as a matter of fact they (the grips) are not hard rubber - they are cow horn which was first melted and then pressured to their form. This can easily be seen by looking same plates backside and even better when you have chance to check really worn plates. Germans started to ude duiring WW II when occupieing Belgium and FN Herestal - some sort of guttaperkka or plasctic/hardrubber grips which later were changed to wooden plates.