Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Browning (FN) Hi Power w/Papers and Other Items from Gusen Camps!

Article about: Greetings all, Annoyed from this ads?   I recently acquired this small, but amazing, collection from the son of a veteran. This collection contains a Browning (FN) Hi Power pistol with

I'm sure there are a heck of a lot more with plastic
    out there, I just haven't seen but these two.
    ( Unfortunately I do not have a wonderful
    provenance like yours does ! )

I actually prefer wood grips but cannot find
    any originals at a decent price. Not sure
    I'd switch them anyhow.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    I'm sure there are a heck of a lot more with plastic
    out there, I just haven't seen but these two.
    ( Unfortunately I do not have a wonderful
    provenance like yours does ! )

I actually prefer wood grips but cannot find
    any originals at a decent price. Not sure
    I'd switch them anyhow.........
    I like the plastic grips, they go well with the crude wartime craftmanship when they cut corners to speed up production, they're unique since you dont see that many with the plastic grips like that, not as common

Great pistol and story. I have three High powers with bakelite grips, two of them are b series weapons and one is a post liberation. Almost all of the late war b series came with bakelite brown grips.

RZM
    ?

Thanks guys! Logictox, mine is a VERY late "a" series pistol. I guess it was right at the beginning of the bakelite grip production. When I first got it, I thought they might have been replaced since I had only ever seen wood grips on these. I'm glad I did the research before I replaced them!

?

Thank you for sharing that grouping. You got yourself some fantastic items. I really like the Garand bayonet made into a theater knife and knowing that it was made then and not recently. Fantastic!!!!

So has the admin allowed you to post the pictures? I for one would be interested in seeing them. I know there is a section for pictures that might offend, on this site.
    Thanks again for sharing these.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

I have a German HP with the brown handgrips. The pistol was found in a .30 Cal ammo can in the ground. Pitted, but still firing.
    Nice pics! love the paperwork.
    I'll post a picture when photobucket is back on line
    Paco

Needless to say I am a big WWII High Power fan. All of these are WWII produced and three of them have the brown grips.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Browning (FN) Hi Power w/Papers and Other Items from Gusen Camps!  

Wow nice.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Hi Rzm, very nice findings, and full of history. Thanks for sharing it. This is my HP 35, same type of yours. I have bought it from a friend. He has said to me that the pistol was found in Sicily, remained from Germans, and then regolarized. The only pity is that the original 9 mm bore has been changed with a 7.65 parabellum bore, due to the fact that the caliber 9 Parabellum was not permitted in Italy for the civil market until last year. Apart for the bore that is not its own original, the pistol is in perfect condition and the serial number says the pistol produced between year 1943 and year 1944. Some pictures with the pistol and its original German made holster....Browning (FN) Hi Power w/Papers and Other Items from Gusen Camps!Browning (FN) Hi Power w/Papers and Other Items from Gusen Camps!Browning (FN) Hi Power w/Papers and Other Items from Gusen Camps!Browning (FN) Hi Power w/Papers and Other Items from Gusen Camps!Browning (FN) Hi Power w/Papers and Other Items from Gusen Camps!Browning (FN) Hi Power w/Papers and Other Items from Gusen Camps!Browning (FN) Hi Power w/Papers and Other Items from Gusen Camps!Browning (FN) Hi Power w/Papers and Other Items from Gusen Camps!Browning (FN) Hi Power w/Papers and Other Items from Gusen Camps!Browning (FN) Hi Power w/Papers and Other Items from Gusen Camps!Browning (FN) Hi Power w/Papers and Other Items from Gusen Camps!Browning (FN) Hi Power w/Papers and Other Items from Gusen Camps!
    Last edited by stahlelm16; 01-27-2015 at 05:21 PM.

?

Here he is, left corner below.
    paco

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2