Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

BSACo. Model 1895 Lee-Enfield MK* rifle

Article about: Here for your viewing pleasure is BSACo. Lee-Enfield MKI* 1901 serial number A55655 which was issued to PVT Arnold Van Buren who enlisted in the 6th Canadian Mounted Rifles, South African Fo

Default BSACo. Model 1895 Lee-Enfield MK* rifle

Here for your viewing pleasure is BSACo. Lee-Enfield MKI* 1901 serial number A55655 which was issued to PVT Van Buren Arnold who enlisted in the 6th Canadian Mounted Rifles, South African Forces at Calgary on April 24 1902. he proceeded to South Africa, was returned to Canada, and struck off strength in consequence of "Disbandment of the Forces." He retained the rifle after leaving service. The rifle still has its original issue oil bottle.

Last edited by varifleman; 10-16-2015 at 05:12 PM.

Outstanding, don't remember ever seeing one in person. Condition and provenance are just icing on the cake, and the oil bottle!

?

Looks like it needs a little TLC but a great looking rifle. You just need a matching bayonet. Have you / are you planning on shooting it?

Alex

Nice rifle and great to have such history with it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Yes Alex; it'll get that TLC and I'll shoot it at our next vintage weapons shoot later this month.

Here's a 1908 photo of Van Buren and his new bride taken in Browning MO after which they returned to to their homestead in Crossfield Alberta which he filed for in 1902. Now all I need is a photo of him in uniform holding the rifle.

Great piece of history!....

That is one very nice rifle indeed!

Super nice. Sure did build em solid back then. How much does the rifle weigh if I may ask.

Rifle weighs 9lbs 4oz according to Skennerton's book on the Lee-Enfields.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast