Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Buying a Mk.I Bren ~ Boy, am I confused!

Article about: After several years of spending money on other items of Militaria when I should really have been buying a Bren, I've finally decided to get one. Especially as, I understand, the new EU deact

Default Buying a Mk.I Bren ~ Boy, am I confused!

After several years of spending money on other items of Militaria when I should really have been buying a Bren, I've finally decided to get one. Especially as, I understand, the new EU deactivation regulations which come into force on 08 April 2016 mean that these, and other fine weapons, will be welded such that they become solid lumps of iron!

The thing is though, the more I read the more confused I become. I do know, however, that I want a King's Crown Mk.I that is as correct as it can be.

Any help, guidance or comment on these possibles would be greatly appreciated!

Regards

Martin

Gun A

“Kings Crown and Enfield to right side, double dovetails, contemporary armourers repair to left side of butt. The barrel is the early 'long' flash hider type. Corect 'humped' butt, drum sight, carrying handle, extending bipod legs, brass but disk, Mk.I magazine.”

The seller states that the barrel has been replaced, there is no serial number on the lower receiver and the barrel nut is Australian.

Gun B

“Bren Light Machine Gun with Mk.I Barrel, dove tail for optical sight, rear handle for anti-aircraft use. Sn 11140 11140”.

“Complete with its bi pod, carry handle & original box magazine, correct Mk.I Barrel, adjustable drum type rear aperture sight, dovetail for additional sight and folding cocking handle”.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Buying a Mk.I Bren ~ Boy, am I confused!   Buying a Mk.I Bren ~ Boy, am I confused!  

Buying a Mk.I Bren ~ Boy, am I confused!   Buying a Mk.I Bren ~ Boy, am I confused!  

Buying a Mk.I Bren ~ Boy, am I confused!   Buying a Mk.I Bren ~ Boy, am I confused!  

Buying a Mk.I Bren ~ Boy, am I confused!