Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Buying ww2 Kar98

Article about: Hello I would like a lot your opinion and couceling about this matter. For now that what i want to buy a riflle. Iam asking you for tips & tricks, markings and all the other util stuff t

Thumbs up Buying ww2 Kar98

Hello

I would like a lot your opinion and couceling about this matter.
    For now that what i want to buy a riflle.
    Iam asking you for tips & tricks, markings and all the other util stuff to buy one of these and if you know prices and real deal stuff that can help.
    Where can i buy this and anyone has one if it can show photos or something.

Very Greatfull for all Help

Default Re: Buying ww2 Kar98

Hi m8.

Personally its one of my fav rifles my other is my pride of place my mosin nagant.

For info on the Mauser this is the site i would go on :
    Mauser 98K Unofficial Web Site.

Its really useful and a good site but it will soon disapear so make the use of it while you can m8.

VAMPY

Salonete,
    A wise man once said....."buy books then guns".
    In this case Backbone of the Wehrmacht by Law.
    Cheers,
    Jason

I agree with Jason, get "Backbone of the Wehrmacht" if you want buy a K98k. This will give you a good understanding of the subject.

Cheers, Ade.

Ok mates thanks for it. By the way by your experience what are the common prices of it?

Thaknks again

Thanks Ade
    Appreciated

Hi Salonete, I don't know about Portugal, but you can buy a very nice K98 with all the markings and proofs for about $250 here in the states. Fortunately you can still find racks of them at the gun shows here. I don't know if your gun laws in Portugal are as tough as Spain's. If they aren't, maybe you can import one from here. It is a great gun, I've got a BYF - 42 made in Obendorf, and love to shoot it. But, as I always say, it kicks like a mule!

Take care,
    Jay

Salonete, as already mentioned, reading up on it is the best way to go. There is alot to study the 98 on the internet as well, I think studying it is part of the fun. There are so many different things to look at I think it would be best to get a general idea and then go out and look around and see what you come up with. Chances are you'll find one you like and you will have to go home and figure out what you have and learn the details of the rifle you picked. I would suggest that when you do get it take it to a gunsmith or someone who is qualified and make sure that the headspace is correct and make sure it is safe to shoot if you intend to shoot it. Good luck on your hunt and make sure you post pictures of it when you get it. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Mike

Here is a good site on the 98k...BILL

The K98k Forum

Also get the book KRIEGSMODELL which can be found on the 98k site
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast