Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

byf45 high turret k98...

Article about: This K98 high turret came into a friend’s antique shop a month or so ago (sans scope).Last weekend my friend and I came to terms and it came home with me. It’s a Mauser product made in early

?

Default byf45 high turret k98...

This K98 high turret came into a friend’s antique shop a month or so ago (sans scope).Last weekend my friend and I came to terms and it came home with me. It’s a Mauser product made in early ‘45. All numbered components have matching serial #’s. The bore is excellent and the stock is un sanded however the rifle’s GI owner duffle bag cut it by lopping a couple of inches off the end of the stock.
    Here are some pics.

Regards,
    Len
    .byf45 high turret k98...byf45 high turret k98...byf45 high turret k98...byf45 high turret k98...byf45 high turret k98...byf45 high turret k98...byf45 high turret k98...byf45 high turret k98...byf45 high turret k98...byf45 high turret k98...byf45 high turret k98....

Default Re: byf45 high turret k98...

Very nice and interesting pick up Len. I was alittle skeptical of the 135 waffenampt, for a 1945 Oberndorf, but it is correct for Mauserwerks 1941 to 1945. Can you tell how long the front sight winter hood has been on there? Looks like it has some last ditch action going on. I really like it. It would be great to know what happened to the scope.

Jay

Default Re: byf45 high turret k98...

Very interesting and different rifle-very late production features-no bayo boss, stamped barrel bands, mag floor plate and trigger guard, stepped barrel (possible MG type?) and telescope mount-I suppose given the late production date and disruption of transportation possibly it was never fitted with the scope-would imagine the GI who brought it back would have kept the scope if it had one at the time he captured it. Well done len s!