Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Carcano Find! Need help Identifying

Article about: Hey guys, found something new today. I was at an Antique show and I found this Carcano (Carbine I think). I wanted to see if you guys could help me Identify this gun, who made it, or when it

Default Carcano Find! Need help Identifying

Carcano Find! Need help IdentifyingHey guys, found something new today. I was at an Antique show and I found this Carcano (Carbine I think). I wanted to see if you guys could help me Identify this gun, who made it, or when it was made. I’ll have pictures bellow, but on the gun it say SZ 7222, and it also has all different kinds of stamps.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    RonanCarcano Find! Need help IdentifyingCarcano Find! Need help IdentifyingCarcano Find! Need help IdentifyingCarcano Find! Need help IdentifyingCarcano Find! Need help IdentifyingCarcano Find! Need help IdentifyingCarcano Find! Need help IdentifyingCarcano Find! Need help Identifying

PRE
    ?

You have what appears to be a Model 1938 Carcano Moschetto (Cavalry Carbine) made by Gardone Val Trompia. Unfortunately it looks like the stock is mismatched. Does it have an import marking, or a 'MADE IN ITALY' stamp on it anywhere?

Pat

Hey Pat, thanks for the info. Where do you think I could find that stamp? Also, any other opinions on it??

It is in fact a Gardone model 38 cavalry carbine. Yours was made in 1943. A total of 1,064,000 were made by Gardone between 1940-1943 chambered in 6.5x52. Looks like the bolt has an FNA Brescia mark which would make it non matching to the Gardone factory.

So UK, how did you figure this out??

Your serial number was what I needed to reference with book sources.

PRE
    ?

Quote by Jimmeelegs View Post
    Where do you think I could find that stamp?
    Anywhere on the carbine. They were stamped either somewhere on the butt stock or on the receiver, or barrel shank.

What book did you find it in Uk??

Carcano rifle a detailed development & production history by Giovanni Chegia..

?

Hey Cous,
    Good stuff there!!!
    I know that most of the Carcano's were rearsenaled after the war, Is there a way of telling if this one has been threw the mill?
    Would that be the reason for the mismatched parts?

Semper Fi

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast