Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Changes to UK Deactivation Law

Article about: Hi everyone, just thought I should let UK members who might not be aware know that the forthcoming Police and Crime Bill includes new legislation to make it a criminal offence to sell (or in

Default Changes to UK Deactivation Law

Hi everyone, just thought I should let UK members who might not be aware know that the forthcoming Police and Crime Bill includes new legislation to make it a criminal offence to sell (or in any other way transfer ownership) of guns deactivated to previous UK specification that have not been bought up to the new EU specifications, and will be punishable with up to one year in prison. The new specifications come in on 8th April, this legislation is expected to be passed shortly after. So in short, you cannot sell or give away your deactivated guns, (nor can any member of your family if you die) they will need to be re-deactivated at your expense before their ownership can change.

What I want to know is what am I supposed to tell me wife? 'Sorry my love, but in the event of my death you will be stuck with 30 guns (including rifles and light machine guns) which you cannot sell or give away without transporting all of them across the country to have them re-deactivated at considerable expense even though they are already thoroughly deactivated.' The people who made this legislation are a bunch of stupid f*****g w*****s.

Doug

Douglas, i am going to have a very heavy coffin, i`m taking them with me.

Yes Steve, I think you might as well do that after the EU has further mutilated them.

Its crazy pal , more likely to be struck by lightning, Makes you wonder what is next because this bill will have no effect whatsoever .
    i do not have a large collection but worked damn hard for what i have and saved and save for an early spec Garand, no way will i let those butchers near it.

Many thanks douglas for highlighting and raising more awareness on this impending legislation ,i can just picture it now with me in a cell being asked what ive done ,,deactivated gun running i bet there is a lesser sentence for re activation of firearms