Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Chinese SKS rifle

Article about: A recent pick-up... a Chinese copy of the SKS rifle. This one seems to have a hardwood stock, or at least much harder than the almost balsa-wood type stocks you usually find on these guns. T

Default Chinese SKS rifle

A recent pick-up... a Chinese copy of the SKS rifle. This one seems to have a hardwood stock, or at least much harder than the almost balsa-wood type stocks you usually find on these guns. The rifle is all matching numbers, and has a low serial number of sorts... 'only' 12 million guns made up to this point! Made at factory 26 in 1967, the stock bearing the scars of many wars where it is likely to have been used... maybe even Vietnam. The fact that it is still all-matching is surely a testament to the build quality of the gun. A pleasant surprise was the discovery of its cleaning kit still in the butt, the dealer made no mention of this... so maybe he didn't know either. Apart from a general clean of the woodwork - its not been rubbed down - I have left it very much as I received it. Being an EU deactivated gun, the only way you could protect yourself with this against an assailant would be to club them to death... or run them through with the rather nasty folding bayonet. There is no point in describing how the action works, as this has been covered in other posts before this. Click on images to enlarge.

Cheers,
    Steve.

Chinese SKS rifleChinese SKS rifleChinese SKS rifleChinese SKS rifleChinese SKS rifleChinese SKS rifleChinese SKS rifleChinese SKS rifle

?

Really nice mate!

MAP
    ?

I like it. A VietNam bring back?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    I like it. A VietNam bring back?
    I have absolutely no idea, but it is more than likely it was used there - amongst other places of course! I have a very interesting machine pistol which I will also be posting later... maybe this evening.

Cheers,
    Steve

Is the UK allowed any semi automatic rifles not deactivated?

Quote by TheGoon View Post
    Is the UK allowed any semi automatic rifles not deactivated?
    Only if you have the correct licence...and the one needed (section 5), is only issued to Home Office approved dealers.

PRE
    ?

Nice SKS. A Chinese SKS was the first semi-automatic rifle I owned.

?

Nice rifle. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.