Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Christmas arisaka for your consideration

Article about: by milmuseum Nice rifle! I have four of these. Three different types. One is a practice rifle from a grade school in Nagasaki used by kids to learn to shoot to prepare for the American invas

Default Christmas arisaka for your consideration

This was my christmas present,i know its not a beauty but its old and its a gun,im going to get woodwork repaired but what do we all think.Christmas arisaka for your considerationChristmas arisaka for your considerationChristmas arisaka for your considerationChristmas arisaka for your considerationChristmas arisaka for your considerationChristmas arisaka for your considerationChristmas arisaka for your considerationChristmas arisaka for your consideration

Default Re: Christmas arisaka for your consideration

Nice rifle! I have four of these. Three different types. One is a practice rifle from a grade school in Nagasaki used by kids to learn to shoot to prepare for the American invasion that never happened. It has a smooth bore and would chamber a blank cartridge. No magazine well so it's a single shot. I'll send you a email address next week of a gentelman who specializes in these. He is Seattle Washington and has any part you can dream of, including stocks.

Burt

Nice present! Congrats!

Regards

thanks,i like it,lots of work to do,trigger guard screws missing,rear of bolt ,spring and firing pin missing.

NP, this guy has forgotten more than I will ever know about these rifles. His prices are reasonable also. Send me a PM on Tuesday and I'll get you the info.

will do

?

Nice project rifle,the markings indicate it is 7.92x57mm German rather than 6.5x50R Japanese,or maybe you already know that.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Found some info that may be of interest as this Ariska as stated above is in 7.92x57.
    "During the Spanish Civil War, 1936 to 1939, Russia supplied the Republican Forces with Japanese rifles in both 6.5X50Sr & 7.92X57."

"China had a large number of Type 38 rifles and carbines after WW2 ended. As ammunition became scarce for the 6.5X50Sr some of these weapons were converted to 7.92X57, at that time Chinas primary military cartridge. The front of the magazine had to be modified & the receiver ring cut out to allow the longer 7.92 round to function through the action. The Japanese Mum was removed & the Chinese characters for 792 were stamped in it’s place on most of these converted rifles."

Hope this helps in identifying your particular rifle.
    Have a good one

thank you Dave and Zwerge,so looks like chinese captured arisaka 38 and adapted to 7.92 post war,does this date rifle to 1930,s ?
    I cant quite get bayonet on,too tight on ring and H shape on gun doesnt quite marry up,bad manufacture or where rifles adapted to take K98 bayonet,i havnt tried one yet.

I would think that the Chinese would have obtained the bulk them after japan's surrender.
    Have a good one

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast