Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The CMP (Civilian Marksmanship Program) M1 Garand

Article about: MY GARAND HAS SHIPPED! If the information on the CMP E-Store is correct... it's serial number is: 1819XXX!! JULY 1943!!!

Default Re: The CMP (Civilian Marksmanship Program) M1 Garand

It's been awhile since I ordered one from them. I can't remember if they send you an email, or it just updates your order status in the store, but don't get too antsy, they don't work that fast lol
    Best
    Paul

47th MP Co/47th Inf Div 1983-1988
    583rd Ord Co 59th Ord Bde Muenster, W Germany
    1988-1990
    Looking for P37 ammo pouch with No4 bayo frog

Quote by Stinkpotpete View Post
    It's been awhile since I ordered one from them. I can't remember if they send you an email, or it just updates your order status in the store, but don't get too antsy, they don't work that fast lol
    lol I know, Paul... I know! Let's just call it youthful exuberance on my part! The real issue is that I now live on a college campus (as a professional, not a student) and for obvious reasons the rifle cannot be shipped here. When the rifle is finally shipped I would like to be at my parents' house waiting for it on the day it's delivered.

?

You'll get an email from them once they have entered you into the system - commonly referred to as the DBU email....Don't Bother Us. At that point, you can start to check your status in the E-store so set up your account and do what thousands of others have done - check your status 10 to 20 times a day. lol
    MarkV
    COL, U.S. Army (Ret.)

if you paid with a credit card, that's another way to check, once they take the money, you know it's on it's way. I can't blame you for wanting to be there. fedex left 2 of them under my boat, in plain view of the street, then left a note on teh front door telling me where they were "hidden", at least they were still there when I got home from work.
    Best
    Paul

1988-1990

Quote by Stinkpotpete View Post
    if you paid with a credit card, that's another way to check, once they take the money, you know it's on it's way. I can't blame you for wanting to be there. fedex left 2 of them under my boat, in plain view of the street, then left a note on teh front door telling me where they were "hidden", at least they were still there when I got home from work.

What's the point of hiding them if they're going to tell everyone where they are? I'd be pissed if I was you, what Year/ manufacture are they?

That's fedex for ya, they get paid by the piece. I thought about claiming it was stolen jsut to mess with the driver, but didn't want to have a stolen firearm in my house. 1 was a 1903 and the other was a Danish marked Winchester for my brother. I don't have the 1903 anymore, I'm looking for a 1903A3 instead.
    Best
    Paul

1988-1990

I bought my CMP Garand over 15 years ago and I was quite lucky. I got a WW II dated Springfield, Dec 1944 production and a Jan 1945 barrel. It still has the original lock bar sight.

Quote by Guard Guy View Post
    I bought my CMP Garand over 15 years ago and I was quite lucky. I got a WW II dated Springfield, Dec 1944 production and a Jan 1945 barrel. It still has the original lock bar sight.
    Very cool! My paperwork has been in their hands for about a week now... I can't wait for them to respond and send me my tracking number!!!

Quote by markv View Post
    you'll get an email from them once they have entered you into the system - commonly referred to as the dbu email....don't bother us. at that point, you can start to check your status in the e-store so set up your account and do what thousands of others have done - check your status 10 to 20 times a day. Lol
    I just got the DBU e-mail!

My order updated today! Still no tracking number, but I can view my order on the "pending orders" section of the CMP E-Store. My credit card has also been charged.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	soon-squirrel.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	188.5 KB 
ID:	399503

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast