Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

COLT AR-15A2 Government Model

Article about: I put some of them on Steve, some came with it when I bought it about 8 years ago. I'd like to upgrade the bi-pod and scope someday but it has not been a priority since it works perfectly as

Default COLT AR-15A2 Government Model

This is my COLT AR-15A2 Government Model. It is adorned with a 4X30RE NoSTAR illuminated recticle scope, 100 Round Beta C-Mag, Bi-pod, charging handle assist and Cheek rest. This is useful for driving tacks at long range for the wifey when she want's pictures hung

Enjoy

Burt

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	COLT AR-15 001.jpg 
Views:	1871 
Size:	253.2 KB 
ID:	338410Click image for larger version. 

Name:	COLT AR-15 002.jpg 
Views:	1109 
Size:	253.6 KB 
ID:	338409Click image for larger version. 

Name:	COLT AR-15 003.jpg 
Views:	670 
Size:	253.4 KB 
ID:	338411
    Happiness is a belt fed weapon

Default Re: COLT AR-15A2 Government Model

I would say I love that set up, but that would be an extreme understatement. Fantastic! You must have a lot of picture frames hanging in the house.

That'll keep the kids off the lawn..

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    That'll keep the kids off the lawn..
    And it keeps the wife working in the back 40. Notice in picture#1 she is pulling weeds and such around my pond and by my pistol range

I better hide it before she sees this post

?

How is that NC Star optic holding up. I had the same one fall apart, the scope wouldn't hold zero after 50 or so rounds. I hope yours is better than mine was.

?

milmuseum, do you mean 'NcStar' scope?
    I quite like the all-black BETA Mag, although its nice to be able to see the number of rounds through the see-through back.. Of course the multi-round mags are totally useless for civilians, but for a bit of fun they are okay. Although an AR get VERY hot after chomping through a 100 shot BETA MAG
    Nice to see a COLT instead of a clone.
    You nedd to put a decent scope on there, it deserves it.
    A Leupold 3-9 X 40 is a decent scope for the money, if you want a scope with a bit of range too it without being a long range scope.
    For short range work an Aimpont Comp 4 and Aimpoint 3 X magnifier in a Samson flip up mount will do fine.

?

Quote by Scout View Post
    milmuseum, do you mean 'NcStar' scope?
    I quite like the all-black BETA Mag, although its nice to be able to see the number of rounds through the see-through back.. Of course the multi-round mags are totally useless for civilians, but for a bit of fun they are okay. Although an AR get VERY hot after chomping through a 100 shot BETA MAG
    Nice to see a COLT instead of a clone.
    You nedd to put a decent scope on there, it deserves it.
    A Leupold 3-9 X 40 is a decent scope for the money, if you want a scope with a bit of range too it without being a long range scope.
    For short range work an Aimpont Comp 4 and Aimpoint 3 X magnifier in a Samson flip up mount will do fine.
    agree with Scout

I agree with Scout. I ended up putting an ACOG TA31RCOM4 on my Noveske N4 Afghan since most of my shooting is between 50 and 250 yards. Having learned the hard way I now only use ACOG's, Aimpoints, Leupold's or Nightforce on my rifles depending on rifle for example TRG 22 Nightforce NXS 8-32X56, LMT CQB Nightforce NXS 1-4X24, Colt 6920 ACOG TA31 and on my LMT MWSE a Nightforce NXS3.5-15X50. They may be expensive put I learned from going on the cheap with the NcStar "cheap comes out expensive"

?

You have good taste in scopes. All the scopes you mention are nice and quality scopes. All favourites of mine.
    I have seen soldiers ditch their issue scopes in favoour of ACOGs, for which they shelled out themselves (albeit only a few soldiers). That when you know a quality scope; when you buy a very expensive one and know that it will be exposed to knocks and killer dust.
    Some ACOG scopes has the fiber optic on top of it, thats a nice feature. Nice not to have to depend on batteries.
    When going, I briefly considered the ACOG but thought it too expensive at the time and went for the Aimpoint option instead. A set-up which worked fine.

Samnev and Scout, Believe it or not the Nc Star scope has been fantastic. It will eat batteries if left on too long but I have not had to adjust this scope in 5 years. But I have not been hunting small furry animals either, just target. It can drive tacks at 100 yrds all day. Further then 200 yrds it's not so good as I am old and blind as a bat. I'll check out the other scopes you mentioned as I've been wanting to upgade anyway.

Thanks

Burt

Nice rifle, Burt.........!

I'm assuming you attached all these goodies onto it ?
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast