Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Colt Lightning Rifle

Article about: Enjoy the OLD WEST for the next couple of days while I post some guns of the Old West.. Starting with a Colt Slide Action Rifle The Famous Colt Lightning Rifle in cal. 38/40.. Colt 'Lightnin

Default Colt Lightning Rifle

Enjoy the OLD WEST for the next couple of days while I post some guns of the Old West.. Starting with a Colt Slide Action Rifle The Famous Colt Lightning Rifle in cal. 38/40..

Colt 'Lightning Slide Action Medium Frame. These rifles were in cal. 32/20, 38/40 and 44/40...These were calibers which were shared with Colt's Single Action Revolvers Model of 1873 and Double action Model of 1878 Frontier Revolvers.. So the rifle could serve as a companion weapon, to the pistol and vise versa... Enjoy the Guns of the old West...BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Colt Lightning Rifle   Colt Lightning Rifle  

Colt Lightning Rifle   Colt Lightning Rifle  

Colt Lightning Rifle  
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Default Re: Colt Lightning Rifle

nice rifle Bill !! How much rifle and pistol , machinegun you have ??

A real beauty.Colts are near to my heart,as I live half an hour from Hartford.

what is the value for this colt?

Johnnie
    ?

Great Bill! I used to have my Grandfathers Colt SAA in 32-20 that would have been a companion to one of these. Sold by the ex when I was in Korea.
    I had always planned on finding a Lighting in 32-20 to go with it. Haven't seen one of these in years.
    Thanks for posting.

Johnnie