Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Colt Woodsman, First Series

Article about: I picked up a near mint First Series Colt Woodsman. Daylight pics with the bluing is rather tough. My apologies. The first series was made from 1915 to 1947. This one dates to 1932 according

Default Colt Woodsman, First Series

I picked up a near mint First Series Colt Woodsman. Daylight pics with the bluing is rather tough. My apologies. The first series was made from 1915 to 1947. This one dates to 1932 according to Colt's serial number book. There was a break during WWII on shipments so some serial numbers produced during WWII were not shipped until after the war.
    This one is a Target model with 6 5/8" barrel. They also came in a 6" target version and a 4 1/2" sport version. It is not very common to find these with the original box, paperwork and accessories. The factory hand wrote the serial numbers on the bottom of the boxes. The second mag is not matching in style but and is likely from a pre-woodsman, but I am not sure yet. All opinions or questions are welcome.
    John

Colt Woodsman, First SeriesColt Woodsman, First SeriesColt Woodsman, First SeriesColt Woodsman, First SeriesColt Woodsman, First SeriesColt Woodsman, First SeriesColt Woodsman, First SeriesColt Woodsman, First SeriesColt Woodsman, First Series

?

Very nice John.
    She looks great for her age!
    That box is a major bonus.

Semper Fi
    Phil

A boxed pistol with all the papers and cleaning rods is highly desirable for collectors and this is a very nice example.

Thank you Phil & Anderson for the comments. I know it is not Military related but pre WWII colts in good condition are extremely well made with amazing bluing.
    John

What a gorgeous old pistol! I have always had a liking for these and the old High Standard semi autos.

Mart

Super great score John. According to my BlueBook approximately 112,000 of the 1st series were produced in all. Sounds like yours can be fired with high velocity .22s as to change in main spring housing in 1931. Wish I could say how many produced with your barrel length but no more production figures. Also my book is a few years old so cannot give a value. In any event one super score.

A nice little handgun there John! I personally like the Colt Woodsman as a nice solid little target gun. Excellent piece and a great addition to your collection!

A rare gun to behold!
    Thank you for showing it John.
    A great piece for your great collection.

Very nice ,wow!

Lovely pistol!
    Great pictures, a joy to watch.
    Thanks for sharing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast