Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

complete arisaka rifle with dust cover! need thoughts..

Article about: I just found this for sale. It's on consignment for 700 and it might be bigh. I don't know anything about these but I would like one but I don't want to over spend. I don't know what series

I'd clean and treat it as any other hunting rifle. Brush and swab out the barrel, the chamber, etc. Lube it up on the moving bits with some gun oil and wipe the whole thing down with an oily cloth. Should be fine and look great.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by MrPotts View Post
    Sorry map, that carbine is on hold in the back and they won't let me see it. On the other hand, the bolt and dust cover matches! I'll be in tommarrow to pick it up. So that's a good deal specially with matching dust cover. Any recommendations for cleaning ing it up besides oil in the barrel and clean up the action some? Here are pictures sorry they are always backwards
    Mr Potts,
    Glad tossed you got the Type 99. If you intend to shoot it and reload you can save your self some money by using 30-06 brass. Just pass them thru a 7.7 die, l use Lee dies, and trim to length. I did 300 for my Type 99 and 7.7 Arisaka. If not Grafs has 7.7 brass at a reasonable price. Give the rifle a good initial cleaning then clean as necessary as you would any other rifle.

Sam

?

Quote by MrPotts View Post
    Sorry map, that carbine is on hold in the back and they won't let me see it. On the other hand, the bolt and dust cover matches! I'll be in tommarrow to pick it up. So that's a good deal specially with matching dust cover. Any recommendations for cleaning ing it up besides oil in the barrel and clean up the action some? Here are pictures sorry they are always backwards
    Mr Potts,
    Glad to see you got the Type 99. If you intend to shoot it and reload you can save your self some money by using 30-06 brass. Just pass them thru a 7.7 die, l use Lee dies, and trim to length. I did 300 for my Type 99 and 7.7 Arisaka. If not Grafs has 7.7 brass at a reasonable price. Give the rifle a good initial cleaning then clean as necessary as you would any other rifle.

Sam

@Samnev... I have a bit of empty brass just sitting around. I don't reload so you are welcome to have them.

?

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    @Samnev... I have a bit of empty brass just sitting around. I don't reload so you are welcome to have them.
    UK Cousin,
    Thanks for the offer it's appreciated. I have an ample supply since I sold my Type 99 LMG. Perhaps Mr Potter can use them for his new Type 99 rifle.
    Cheers

Yes for sure. Just hate to see them go to waste.

Thanks i don't reload either but it was a nice offer. Got the rifle but have to pick it up Monday but that's ok, it's a done deal. I doubled check everything and every assesores match. The bayonet doesn't unfortunately but it's ok, it was a good deal. What was neat I looked closer at the green charm thing hanging from bayonet, and it had writing on it, I'm getting it translated, but I want to share it

Let me guess...it says "Made in Japan"?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Who knows

The green piece of Jade (?) makes the whole thing that much more unique and personal. Nice purchase, congratulations MrPotts!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast