Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Control of de-activated guns

Article about: This is relevant to all gun owners in the UK.The Home Office have published the consultation document on the future of de-activated guns here: Controls on deactivated firearms | Home Office

Reg
    ?

Default Re: Control of de-activated guns

I got bored after page 29 when it was asking about changes in greenhouse gas emissions!!!!!!! Rest my case!

Everyone needs to register their protest now!

Cheers, Ade.

I know that the document is boring, but Ade is right, we need to make our views known,
    Peter.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Everyone needs to register their protest now!

Cheers, Ade.

I agree, and when you read the figures of what re-activated guns have been used in crimes well !!!!!!!, i would like to know the total of gun incidents in each of those years shown that will put it in perspective.

And the statement that the police think its a much greater problem than the figures show, well how about just sticking to provable facts instead of guessing, I think all politicians are corrupt does not mean they all are though!

They should Concentrate on the import and use of live firearms instead of trying to make a headline

The closing date for responses to this consultation is 25 May 2009.

You can email your views to us at: deactivatedguns@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.

Or you can write to us at:
    Home Office
    Public Order Unit
    Firearms Section
    5th Floor, Fry Building
    2 Marsham Street
    London SW1P 4DF

Additional copies of this paper can be downloaded from our website Welcome to the Home Office.

Reg
    ?

Yep guys, will get right on it, Im still gobsmacked that they consulted the old black powder heads on what is effectively a 21st century problem, I cant recall any Operation Trident seizures of re-activated wheel-lock pistols or matchlock "fire sticks". . . and Ild dearly love to be corrected on that. Writing now....

Unity Brothers!

Reg

Reg
    ?

And sisters....sorry!

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    The closing date for responses to this consultation is 25 May 2009.

You can email your views to us at: deactivatedguns@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.

Or you can write to us at:
    Home Office
    Public Order Unit
    Firearms Section
    5th Floor, Fry Building
    2 Marsham Street
    London SW1P 4DF

Additional copies of this paper can be downloaded from our website Welcome to the Home Office.
    Thanks again ade for the info,

I think we all need to act on this even if you do not collect deactivated weapons the way the government meddles what will be next and together as a group we are stronger, last time i went to work and had 10 of my work colleges sign an online petition, some of them had there friends also sign it, the trouble is most will moan and complain about it but do NOTHING about it, then when the law is passed they moan and complain again.

So now's your chance

?

I did have a shred of understanding when the Gov brought in the UKARA bill for airsoft replicas given the modern nature of the weapons. I say shred because merely making a Glock lime green is hardly a major obstacle to overcome.
    Sadly with this proposal the shiny suits have made it clear they have no idea whatsoever and simply wont be happy until living history weapons are either gone or mutilated.
    protest email sent.

I only own three deactivated guns, just started last year with my collection, but I don't plan on stopping any time soon due to ridiculous new laws! I also have sent an email... I don't expect any notice to be taken though, sadly.

On another note, despite being a couple of months later than I said, I'll try post pictures of my collection soon!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast