Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Control of de-activated guns

Article about: This is relevant to all gun owners in the UK.The Home Office have published the consultation document on the future of de-activated guns here: Controls on deactivated firearms | Home Office

Default Control of de-activated guns

This is relevant to all gun owners in the UK.The Home Office have published the consultation document on the future of de-activated guns here: Controls on deactivated firearms | Home Office

Please download this document and submit a reply, to make your views felt.One of the proposals is that pre 95 deacts have to be brought up to current standards, at our own cost and loss of value, not to mention the "destruction" of a historic item.
    thanks Peter.

?

Default Re: Control of de-activated guns

its a real shame its all come to this i bought a de-act Thompson submachine gun last year & its a crying shame the amount of shit they did to it to do this everything has been welded to hell n' back on it, but all these new rules wont stop anything if they want a gun they will get it penalizing de-act weapon owners is not the way to go

Reg
    ?

Thanks for posting that Phoenix, re-assuring to know that as the country is going down the economic pan the beaurocrats are finding more things to waste public time and money on.

Reg

I agree, these rules will have little effect on the criminal fraternity.Policemen that I speak to who are at the sharp end, maintain that weapons from Eastern Europe are the problem and they are a lot cheaper than collectable guns!

Reg, you got it in one, maybe Jackie thinks this will take away the interest in her expenses claims

?

how are they going to enforce this anyway there's not a register of people who own de-act's ???

Reg
    ?

I just noticed that they consulted the English civil war society and the sealed knot on these proposals.....do they really think thats entirely relevant when most of the de-activated/re-activated weapons used in crime (was that 2 a year recorded) are breech loaders? .... Plonkers!

Exactly, but this is typical of this governments ill conceived ideas.Obviously if they are illegal,then you risk going to prison.
    I belong to the Military vehicle trust, who have over 5,000 members, many who own de-acts, they were refused to be included in the consultation

Reg
    ?

But the BASC were....Yes, they fight for the rights of the shooting fraternity...but doesnt de-activated mean that the firearms are unable to shoot....and therfrore not quite "their thing old boy". LOL. They wouldnt give a stuff if some collector has say 10 de-activated pre 1950 rifles moulding away in a cupboard.....why should they? ... Ild better step back from this and read it calmly.

Well I have just emailed them my opinion and they are not going to like it!!!!
    Ben

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast