MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Couple of beauties for you all

Article about: These are some general views of the collection room. There are rifles, pistols and shotguns from every corner of the globe in here, all in perfect condition. As I said previously there was n

bigkev
    ?

Default Couple of beauties for you all

I had a one off opportunity to visit the Beretta factory in Gardone Val Trompe a couple of years ago and managed to snap these two pics in their collection. Thought you guys might want to sneak a peek too.
    Great collection if you ever get a chance to go...sell your first born and your leftie.

Stg 44 and FG 42 just in case you aren't familiar with them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Couple of beauties for you all   Couple of beauties for you all  

Default Re: Couple of beauties for you all

Nice, That's stuff you don't run across every day. Those serious collections always make me misty eyed.

Mike

Stunning!!! Stg 44 is quite possibly my favourite weapon of the Third Reich... closely followed by the MP40 and FG42

bigkev
    ?

Quote by Pompa Mike View Post
    Nice, That's stuff you don't run across every day. Those serious collections always make me misty eyed.

Mike
    Those were just the tip of the iceberg in there. They had all of the firearms Beretta had ever produced in there, dating back to wheel locks and match locks in there. Some of the nicest weapons I have ever seen...and in the best shape, I would have to say that if I had been given the option of picking all of them up and tossing a couple of rounds downrange, I would have felt confident. They were all clean and well maintained. Amazing place. The current factory was incredible too, but I was only allowed to snap a couple of pics in there in the 682 fitting shop, the rest is quite well guarded from photographs. But I did get a few more pictures inside the collection. I will try to post them up if anyone is interested.

Nice pictures, thanks for showing.
    Please post more if you have them.

Best regards
    Anders

I agree with WoodyUK, the Stg 44 is my favourite gun, I would love to own one. Thanks for the photos.

bigkev
    ?

OK, long drawn out process here but I shall upload all of the pics I have from that trip. As I said though there aren't any of the current production facilities due to secrecy. Can't blame them there. But here are some pics of the family villa and their wonderful collection and a couple of some 682 o/u's being fitted.

The first pic here is the outside of the Villa, still a family business. The first floor of the villa is the Beretta company's offices and security checkpoint.
    Attached Images Attached Images Couple of beauties for you all 

bigkev
    ?

I skipped ahead a little though, this is the main gate before you get into the villa area...fully security controlled...cameras, electric locks and armed security (not seen, but there). This is not a place they allow walk in tours, apparently the last person to get in there before me was Wilbur Smith the author. I am not famous or rich, but I have a very well connected and persuasive cousin, shown in the picture.

bigkev
    ?

This is another of the outside of the villa, lovely gardens.

bigkev
    ?

This is a pic of the stained glass window inside their collection room, a fitting start to the series of photos. I could have spent days in their collection room, however there was a rich American tourist from California there too, who unfortunately placed a higher priority on seeing the new shotguns than on history and beauty, so pardon my lack of pics in this whole thing. It is just as disappointing to me as it is to you...trust me!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Couple of beauties for you all  

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast