Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

A couple of 'new' Mosins

Article about: Hello-my Finnish M39 and my Mosin Nagant M1944 (Radom made)-they are both in as new condition-the M39 of course has a recycled receiver and bolt as any Finnish variant does. The Polish M44 a

Default A couple of 'new' Mosins

Hello-my Finnish M39 and my Mosin Nagant M1944 (Radom made)-they are both in as new condition-the M39 of course has a recycled receiver and bolt as any Finnish variant does. The Polish M44 action and barrel is still clogged with grease after some 60 years. The bayonet with the M39 is the M35 made by Hackman & Co-while the M39 bayo was supposed to be used for the rifle, wartime shortages meant that any bayo that would fix was used.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A couple of 'new' Mosins   A couple of 'new' Mosins  

A couple of 'new' Mosins   A couple of 'new' Mosins  

Reg
    ?

Default Re: A couple of 'new' Mosins

Great rifles, Thanks !

Reg

Very nice! Where did you source them from? Deac?

?

Couple of fine machines! I got a Finn civil guard mosin about a year ago from a friend for free as I bought a car from him. I think mine might be similar to yours but might be an m28-? Maybe you know. I love the ones you have,though and I especially like to see all that grease in the receiver, I wish mine was like that!.Thanks for posting!
    ~Dean
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A couple of 'new' Mosins   A couple of 'new' Mosins  

A couple of 'new' Mosins  
    Last edited by Dean; 04-03-2011 at 02:23 AM.

Hello VolksJager-both rifles are operational but I'm a collector not a shooter-all my collection has been purchased from Barry's Firearms of Beckenham-he's pretty much the only large scale dealer in WA for military rifles/pistols-he also acts as an agent for individuals wanting to sell-well worth dropping in to see what he has (deacs and replicas as well).

totenkopfDave-thanks for the comments-yes, yours is a good Civil Guard M28-the Finnish rifles start with the original Mosin Nagant M1891s and then move through a series of rebuilds, modifications and improvements in the 20s and 30s till you get to the last of them, the M39-I also have a Finnish M1891 which I posted a few months back if you want to have a look at it

The Russians invented the cake and the Finns invented the icing. M39's are VERY beautiful rifles, especially with that arctic birch. Thanks for posting!

Hiya lithgow, yep been to Barry's - infact its where I got the K98 from a couple of months ago actually. I am a collector as well, got 5 deac's now but my wife has said no more for the time being. You part of the arms and armour society in WA? or going to the swap meet at the Cannington greyhounds on the 10th?