Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

A couple of rare pistols...

Article about: Spanish Jo.Lo.Ar in 9mm Bergmann - very unusual pistol, unlocked breech blowback in a fairly powerful cartridge. The lever (called a palanca) attached to the slide pivots down so it can be c

?

Default A couple of rare pistols...

Spanish Jo.Lo.Ar in 9mm Bergmann - very unusual pistol, unlocked breech blowback in a fairly powerful cartridge. The lever (called a palanca) attached to the slide pivots down so it can be cocked one handed, as seen here. Because of that, it has no safety or slide hold-open - the lever on the sideis to tip up the barrel for loading. Kind of a mystery in that the year of proof code is for 1928, but the actual proof mark was introduced in December 1929 - suggesting it spent over a year at the proof house.

A Belgian Nagant 1878-86 revolver in 9.4mm, at some point issued by the Belgian Customs Service (Douane Belge), but likely issued to the Belgian army in WW1 as well. Has the double L crest for Leopold II, indicating government issue. The 1878-86 was an improved version of the original 1878, incorporating simplified lockwork with a rebounding hammer so it could be carried with all 6 chambers loaded. Shown with the common Russian Nagant 1895 for scale / comparison.

?

Default Re: A couple of rare pistols...

I have never seen anything like the Jo Lo. It's begging for a bit of love and a new key ring. Substantial looking guns the pair of them. Thanks for posting the pics

Nice looking pair. I like the first one.

Interesting gun that Jo Lo, never seen it before.
    Good looking revolvers too.
    Thanks for showing!

Very nice and desireable pistols... Thanks for showing...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

I too have a Spanish Jo.Lo.Ar in my collection. Interesting firearm that was designed for horseback calvery. It could be cocked with one hand using the side lever. The grips are pressed horn. Mine in 9mm Large whichis same as Bergman
    good reference page:
    The Jo-Lo-Ar Pistol